Chapter 2

Colton could hear distant murmurs as he fluttered open his eyes. He felt comfortable wherever he was laying. It was soft and cozy, something he never felt for years. He was on a bed. Before he could drown in the warmth of the bed a beeping sound near him took his attention. A monitor was plugged to him which showed his heart rate. It didn't took him long enough to realised that he was in the pack hospital.

The room was empty yet he could hear subtle whispers outside the room. He tried contacting his wolf but there was no response. He tried again....and again....and again....but no one was talking back to him. He then started to panic. He jolted up on the bed. He kept on hitting his head with his hands. Started to shake his head, desperate was a response. He was not ready to accept it.. accept the thought of losing his wolf...his only friend...his only family.

His condition was surely reflected on monitor as the beeping paced even faster. He tore of the TV es connected to him and ran to the nearest wall and banged his head. He wanted something...anything... a response.... a I am here. You are not alone. But to his dismay, no one answered. By now the hospital staff were alerted and they quickly entered the room and stopped him from hurting himself. He was bleeding from his forehead. The nurses and the doctor struggled to get him on the bed. As soon as they got him to the bed, the doctor injected him with a sedative. Soon he was again met with the familiar darkness as he passed onto nothingness.

Beep beep beep

Colton regained consciousness. He had lost track of time. He had lost track of everything. He saw a man in a white coat approaching him.

"I see you have woken up.", the doctor said. Colton remained silent. "Before you pull another careless stunt, I have to inform you something.", the doctor said.

Colton looked up at him. He desperately prayed that it wasn't the thought that kept on crossing his mind.

"It is quite unfortunate, but your wolf...your wolf is...dead. It couldn't handle the pain of rejection...."

There it was. The news...the most dreaded news. How could the Moon Goddess do this to him?! Wasn't she supposed to help wolves find their true love...their mates. Then why did she decide such a fate for him...maybe even the Moon Goddess hated him. Colton couldn't manage to let out a word. He had lost everything. His last family...his wolf was not there with him anymore. He was so done... with everything. Fresh tears left his eyes as he sobbed with his head held low. Tears stained the hospital bed.

"Uh...you will be dismissed soon...", the doctor said as he left the room.

As soon as he heard the door click, he gripped the bed covers and cried his heart out. He had nothing to lose. What more could he lose....?

That damned pack took his mother away, killed his father and treated him like shit for the entirety of his life. Even his wolf...they even had to kill his wolf. He looked at himself. Bruises everywhere...cuts littered on his body. No one had helped him when he was lying on the ground getting kicked by Joel and his minions. No one lend him a helping hand when he limped his way to the pack house. No one had held onto him when he used to be afraid of the dark. No one...no one had apologised to him for taking his life away from him....

No more. He was not going to let anyone...anyone treat him like dirt anymore. If Karma was not going to help him he was going to be Karma himself. That day, that time, in that place he swore to make that damned pack, those damned animals pay for their actions.

_________________________________

Two days later

Colton  was discharged from the hospital. All his wounds were treated. He was dropped off to the pack house by huge black SUV. As soon as he walked into the pack house, no one cursed at him, no one insulted him, no one tripped him to the ground. They were all just staring at him not with disgust...but pity. But why?

He looked up at them. The Alpha was standing there. He came upto him.

"I realise what my son has done was wrong. I realise the pack has been treating you wrong for many years. We shouldn't have blamed you for what you didn't do. I was blinded by hate and after losing my wife I couldn't think rationally and let the pack blame you for your father's actions. I deeply apologise.", Alpha Dominic said.

"Apologise....now you apologise....", Colton laughed bitterly.

"Look my son has faced his consequences. He needs his Luna with him. He's in pain as well. If the Moon Goddess has chosen you as his mate then we must not question her decision and accept it.",the Alpha said.

"....what if your son wasn't in pain...would you still apologise to me..?", Colton asked. Dominic remained silent.

"Why now? After you took everything away from me. Every damn thing...why now...? Because you fear losing your son? Now suddenly I am so very important to you?", Colton asked.

"Look you are misunderstanding the situation. We whole heartedly apologise for everything we have done..."

"Ten years.... for ten years.... I had to tolerate this...and now you simply apologise and expect me to act as if nothing happened?", Colton asked, as his voice cracked. He couldn't even believe how these people could change their colours within the span of a few days because of their own interests. Everything was so damn unfair.

"We will do anything and everything for you to forgive us. So please accept my son as your mate."

"And what if I don't....?"

"He won't be able to become an Alpha....this pack needs him...I need him...we need you to help him...", the Alpha pleaded.

It was all sickening...so sickening. They only needed him when their Alpha's son was in trouble. What about him? Where were their pity when he needed it? Where were their kindness when he lost his family? Where? Did they even care that he had lost his wolf? Did they even know?

Colton knew that to help the Alpha would be to help his perpetrator. It would be him against his dignity. But he had other plans. He finally had an upperhand in a situation and he was definitely going to use it to his advantage.