Chapter Seven: Special Treat

TWO WEEKS LATER the VKs all sat in class waiting for another dragged out lesson from FG. Evie and Mal sat on one side of the aisle while Carlos, Jay, and Payton sat on the other, this time, though, Payton sat on the end of the desk instead of between the two boys.

    Payton was eagerly waiting for this class period to end. This was her last one for the day then she got to go see Ben. They have been dating for about two weeks now and she was only days away from meeting his parents for the first time. Of course she knew of King Adam and Queen Belle, everyone does, but she's never met them and the first time she is doing so will be under the title as their son's girlfriend. To say she was scared is an understatement.

    Payton's head suddenly snaps up when she hears the clicking of FG's high heels and the clearing of her throat.

    "Children, excuse me. Um.." Fairy Godmother starts to stutter out, beaming with excitement. "As you know, today through Sunday is our annual Family Day celebration here at Auradon Prep."

    Payton's heart clenches at the thought of her lost boys and her father. She never thought she would miss sleeping in a treehouse after sitting on her bed for the first time. She misses her father too. His calloused hands that would ruffle her hair every time she walked by. His loud laughter that either made you cry or laugh along with him. His accent that drew many people in. Even his glowing eye would give her comfort in this moment.

    "Since your parents cannot be here due to..uh..distance," that's one word for it "we've arranged for a special treat."

    FG eagerly makes her way to the computer sitting at the front of the room and turns it on. She motions for the kids to come closer and all five of them hesitantly do so. When they see what their teacher has put on the screen, four out of the five of them have tensed up. Fairy Godmother pulls Payton aside slightly.

    "You will get to talk to your father after these four talk to their parents. Since they all live together we thought it was fitting for them to have their conjoined call and you have a separate one."

    Payton's eyes start to water, but the unshod tears are quickly whipped away at the sound of Cruella's voice. She thinks about that day in the woods with Carlos and Dude and her hatred for the woman grows. She doesn't understand how a mother can see her son purely as a slave? She's not even a real mother and she feels more for her lost boys than DeVil ever has for Carlos.

    "Evie! It's Mommy! Oh, look how beautiful."

    Payton recognizes the first villain to address their child as Evil Queen. Payton rolls her eyes at the fact that the woman technically gets to keep her royal status, seeing as though she married a King. But she can't hate the woman too much, she is still one of the only villains to have any remorse for their child, Jafar might even one up her. Although they do still use their children.

    "You know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

    "Don't you mean the weeds?"

    Maleficent and Queen snicker a little before Cruella's voice rings out.

    "Oh, who's the old bat?!"

    Fairy Godmother's smile drops from her face and she stares at the screen in disbelief, trying to remind herself that these are ruthless villains who don't care about hurting feelings.

    "This," Mal starts with a very telling voice, "is Fairy Godmother."

    "Still doing tricks with eggplants?"

    FG gasps in offense, "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!"

    All four of the villains can't hold their laughter as Maleficent continues to 'egg' on Fairy Godmother, "You really couldn't give Cinderella till 1am? Really? What, the hamsters have to be back on their little wheels?"