Chapter Four: Lost Girl

AFTER practice with Ben and Carlos, Payton was sitting in her room with Evie, Mal, and Jane, surprisingly. She was sitting on the floor in front of her bed, her back leaning against the foot of the bed and she was, again, writing in her journal. In this journal she writes everything. Her secrets. Which is why she spells it from anyone else being able to see it.

    "Mom said if he can't see the beauty within then he's not worth it," Jane outwardly complains about her mother's disregard to her superficial struggles. "Can you believe it? What world does she live in?!"

    "Auradon."

    Both Mal and Payton look at each other in disgust and surprise at the fact that they said the same thing. They both roll their eyes as Jane makes her way over to Payton's bed.

    "Ahh-" Payton says as Jane goes to sit on it. The scared AK quickly retracts her movement and moves to sit on Evie's     bed instead.

    "M, P, you like?"

    Both girls look up at the sound of the nicknames the blue haired girl has given them and they both nod.

    "Yeah, it brings out your eyes."

    "And hair."

    "I know," Evie smiles and continues to sow.

    Jane takes the moment of silence to continue complaining about her situation, "I'll never get a boyfriend."

    Payton scoffs loudly, "You sound like Anastasia's daughter."

    Jane's eyes and mouth go wide and before she can say how much of an insult that is, Mal cuts her off, "Boyfriends are overrated."

    "And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one."

    Payton smirks at Evie's words because she knows the exact reason. When they were a bit younger, Mal had a raging crush on Harry Hook, but it was a case of unrequited love because Harry was crushing hard on his crew mate, Payton. The young lost girl used to be a part of the pirate crew, but as she grew older, she was needed more around the Neverland mock up and sadly had to leave. Uma, their captain, understood, along with Gil, but Harry was mad. He did everything he could to try to get her back to him, including flirting with and leading Mal on.

    The two pirates had a little fling, but once their fathers found out, it was all over. Captain Hook made sure to keep his oldest son away from the daughter of his arch nemesis and Pan grounded his daughter for a month. She was not to leave the Neverland mock up and if she had to run errands, Felix, Pan's most trustworthy lost boy, had to go with her.

    After about a year, their fathers soon forgot, but all feelings were lost between the two. They still remain good, flirty, friends, but nothing more. He has all his attention toward Uma now, and the teal-haired daughter of a sea witch loves every second of it.

    After the boyfriend comment, Evie freaks out and remembers that she needs to do Chad's homework, which annoys Payton to no end.

    "He's a big boy, he can do it himself," Payton says, making both Mal and Jane point at her in agreement.

    Evie ignores them and rushes toward her backpack to grab the blue folder. Right after the blue-haired girl sits down at her desk, a girl with a short, black bob knocks on the door and invites herself in.

    "Hi, guys," She starts. "I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan?"

    Evie doesn't look at her and Mal continues to look at her confused. Payton scoffs, "Daughter of Hua Zhou, defeated the Huns with her bisexual soon-to-be husband, Li Shang."