Chapter Six: Secrets

(Outfit for the date, you can imagine something else, but this is the outfit that I describe.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
The song during the date scene is not 'If Only,' nor is it a Disney song. I felt like 'If Only' didn't fit Payton's situation as well as this song, so I hope you enjoy and see where I'm coming from

    ~Riley Rose

    A FEW DAYS LATER Payton is running around the campus, desperately trying to find the person she has spent the last thirty minutes looking for. Finally seeing them sat at a picnic a little ways up, she mutters a few curse words to herself.

    "Why is the campus so damn big.." Payton mumbles annoyed before making her way to her desired person.

    "Evie!"

    The blue haired girl looks away from Doug as Payton comes sprinting over, "I need your help, and I need it bad."

    Evie looks at the blonde in confusion, "What's going on?"

    "Ben just asked me on a date. A date?! I grew up with like 30 nasty, dirty boys who like to roughhouse, okay, I don't do 'dates'!"

    Doug and Evie laugh a little before the blue haired girl turns toward the boy, "I've got this."

    Evie stands up and starts walking back to their dorm with Payton, "Didn't you go on dates with Harry and..?"

    Payton cuts her off before she can say anymore, "No! Not really! It was more just duo missions Uma would send us on.." Payton gets silent before continuing,  "and how do you know about..?"

    Evie smirks and shrugs, "I know all the gossip."

    Payton gives the girl a weird look before Evie laughs and grabs her hand, "Come on, we've got a date to get you ready for."

~~~

    BACK AT THE DORM Mal is sitting on her bed studying her spell book while Evie is helping Payton with little touches of makeup here and there.

    The blue-haired girl has dressed the unruly blonde in a slightly see through green top. It has a few flowers visible in the print with an overhang of see through cloth that hangs in front of the breast region. The sleeves are thin, which is good since it's still decently hot outside and they flow out into a bell bottom style.

    The skirt is a high waisted brown plaid skirt that has small green and black lines in the pattern. The left hip has a thin, tan bow while the bottom seam of the skirt is hemmed at different lengths with a few thin layers of other mesh cloths underneath that are visible with the layers.

    The shoes are thigh high, seamless black boots, that really bring out the black lines on the skirt, that have about an inch and a half heel in the back, which still gives Ben a good three inches in height over Payton. The tops of the boots have cute little bows for decoration, which really tie in the bow on her skirt and the bow Evie is currently trying to convince Payton to let her put in her hair.

    "Come on, E, no. My hair is hard enough to deal with as is, if you try to put a bow in it, it will just get more knotted!"

    "Or," Evie tries to counter, "it will pull the hair away from your face and give you less knots."

    "You're not gonna win," Mal butts into the friendly argument, not looking up from her book. "Might as well just give in now."

    Payton thinks for a second before groaning, "Fine, but if it knots more and I look terrible, it's your fault."