Three

A Year Later...

Kory was banging on the door. "Open up, it's my turn." Kory yelled banging on the bathroom door. "No it's not, I still have to do my hair." I called in response. My hair was technically already done in mini-twists. I just had to style it. "Do it in your room, you have a mirror." He groaned. "Your point?" I questioned. "Please, I have to go to the bathroom."

I stayed silent. "Please." He pleaded. "Fine." I huffed giving in. Quickly, I collected my things, and went to my room. Before I closed my door, I caught a glimpse of Kory. His legs were crossed tightly as he waddled into the bathroom. I laughed loudly, loving the slight payback from last night. Kory snuck out in the middle of the night, again, to see his girlfriend, Myra. Leaving me to cover for him at the last minute. Yea, payback was nice, but this wasn't enough. He owes me, big time.

"Good morning." My mom smiled as I walked into the kitchen. "Morning mom." I said going right to the fridge. Waffles, or cereal?

Waffles it is.

The second I was done eating, I heard a hunk outside. "That must be Sasha." I said looking at the time, "She's early." "Baby, what's the point of your father and I paying insurance for a car you don't use? " My mom asked, giving me a stern look. They bought Kory and I cars for our senior year, and so far I've only used mine drive around once and a while. "I'm going to use it mom, I just like being a passenger more."

"Mhm." My mom said, playfully rolling her eyes.

I put my dishes in the sink, and raced upstairs to put on my shoes and collect my backpack.

After quickly doing so, I ran downstairs, "Bye mom, love you!" I went out the door.

"Why are you so early?" I asked the second I was in her car.

"I'm just excited to go to school is all." Her smile was from ear to ear. This has something to do with Chad for sure.

"Right, I'm going to drive myself to school tomorrow. I mean I paid for a whole parking spot and don't even use it."

"Yea, you're so good at wasting money." She laughed as we pulled off.

The second I stepped foot out of the car, I got that strange feeling. I hadn't felt it in months, now suddenly it's back, full force. I looked around, but no one suspicious was around. I walked into school, and the feeling followed me. Feeling the need to run away from the feeling, I started speed walking through the hallway. "Woah, you ok?" Sasha asked, matching no pace. "No," I looked behind me, "I just-" I bumped into someone and fell to the ground. The feeling of someone watching me instantly went away. "I'm so sorry, are you ok?"

"Yes, I-" I looked up to see who I bumped into. It was a boy. He held his hand out, and I took it. "I'm Eli." He said. "Kourtney." I said studying him. He was muscular, a little too built for a highschooler. When I looked up at his face, those thoughts completely vanished. He had beautiful light brown eyes, his hair just a few shades lighter. We shook hands, "It's nice to meet you." He smiled down at me. My eyes, loving the sound of his deep baritone voice. "Likewise." I smiled shyly. We stood there, staring at each other for what felt like forever. That was until Sasha interrupted us. I quickly let go of his hand, noting the electricity coursing through my body from his touch. "I'm Sasha." She smiled, introducing herself. "Hello." He smiled, their handshake was brief, and not nearly as electric as ours.

"Are you new?" Sasha asked bluntly, "It's just I've never seen you around before." Eli smiled nervously- his smile, so effortlessly gorgeous- scratching the back of his neck. "Is it that obvious?"

Sasha shrugged, "A bit, I mean you're holding on to that paper in your hand for dear life." She laughed light-heartedly, "The school can be a bit of a maze."