Scene 19 | Welcome To The Show

"It's been a long time since we've done this together, hmm?" A black haired man with braids teasingly asked, tucking his lyre behind the covers of his green cape as he fixed his hat.

In reply, a man with topaz eyes glowed, looking ahead. He didn't spare a glance at his old friend as he manifested a spear in hand. "Perhaps so."

"Hehehe, normally I would have declined the offer. But the lady in blue with obvious distress couldn't just be ignored in a time of stress!" Within his palm a small green vortex appeared. His viridescent highlights began to flicker and the warm presence of a benevolent being caused the creatures in front of them to hesitate.

The two archons had their back against each other. "So what are they?"

They both looked at the slimy creatures coming from the ground below. Black tears dripped at their hollowed eyes with moans that could have scared even the hilichurls in the near area. Blackened appendage reached out for them desperately. Suddenly an arrow struck it before it can completely get out of the warped portal. The projectile emitted a calming breeze, making the creatures near it let out a distorted growl and scoot away.

"Let me think..." The bard squinted his eyes, a finger in his chin contemplating with mischievous quirk in his smile. "I don't know! But pshh spare the details, lets deal with them so we can go back drinking!"

Although he does know in a way. Those star marks on their supposedly foreheads was similar to the one with the black haired woman who he met eyes with for a flash of seconds. Her amused laughter, creating a chorus in a place of stars and abyss.

"We? I think you are talking about yourself." The Geo Archon said, swerving his hand creating a cor lapiz colored spikes around them. "I will go back to Liyue this evening according to Director Hu's request."

"Eh?" Green eyes stared at the rising sun, then to the creatures. "Would you arrive in time to return to Liyue though? Why don't you rest for another day then return tomorrow? Our dear Foca offered a celebratory drink for us, don't tell me you're refusing her sincere offer?"

Now he's calling the Hydro Archon with a nickname. The corner of Zhongli's eyes twitched at the teasing insinuation of the bard that hummed songs against the monsters leaking out from the dark portal.

"...We can finish this matter so long we focus." He took a step forward. "...as for the offer, that depends if she has osmanthus wine."

"Ohoh? Demanding are we?" The God of Freedom followed behind him, his cape smoothly waving behind him.

"Interestingly enough, I actually bought osmanthus wine from a travelling merchant. He had an interesting demeanor and a funny looking haircut who didn't want my mora and asked for different interesting materials... Alas I did not have the things he asked, so I offered a song instead! But, anyways, that settles it." He reached and patted at his friend's tensed shoulders.

"We're drinking until the dawn takes a peak!"

Zhongli didn't respond as he already stormed towards the dark creatures waiting for an impending doom. Venti shrugged, a blockhead as always. He stretched his arms, yawning and followed his suit.

Foca better gives me an expensive wine after this.

----------

The Traveler was tired.

The approaching performance was near. So many friends she talked, and many problems were she forced to solve. Even Paimon, her cheerful companion couldn't handle the stress but refrained on complaining when seeing the dark circles underneath Lumine's eyes.