Scene 2 | Change Of Fate

"Farewell Neuvillete, I hope you enjoyed the part you played these 500 years."

She smiled at him as if she wasn't walking to her own death. As the guillotine twirled above her in a silent promise, she turned in front of the empty audience and weaved her hands around to do a simple yet elegant, farewell dance. And all the Hydro Dragon Sovereign could do was watch her sadly with hesitance and looming comprehension.

A humble melody echoed in the background that flows together with the deity. A smile on her face as she did her bow, the music halted and the guillotine froze above as if sensing that the time has come.

Then without hesitation the guillotine swung down. The Chief of Justice's eyes widened and he reached out his arm instinctively to the Hydro Archon. It was a worthless action except but to add little more effect to the dramatic scene and Focalor's eyes were closed in acceptance as the guillotine reached her neck and--

Furina gasped for air as she got up in panic. Her arm were reaching out in front of her as if mimicking the Chief of Justice's action. Her eyes blinked once, twice, then one look to her outstretched arm. Then with a surprised breath it fell to her side.

A dream. She surmised, a dream that felt too real. One that was melancholic, hushed of secrets that must be kept hidden from those that dwells above-- she stopped confused. Hidden?

"Lady Furina?"

She jolted from the voice. Looking to her right, familiar ears popped out of her bed frame and pink purplish eyes blinked at her curiously.

"Ah, you're awake." The melusine that was usually assigned to work at the Palais, Sedene approached her. "Are you okay Lady Furina?"

Lady Furina. Although she was used being called like that it suddenly felt foreign and weird for her to hear it from the melusine's mouth. She frowned and was about to open her lips to reply to Sedene when another scene flashed--

"Lady Furina." The Chief of Justice said as he approached her once they met in the Palais Memonia after the flood. He approached her with hesitant steps, hands curling over to his side to create a clenched fist as he saw her.

Sitting in his couch her feet wet and damp from the earlier flood, Furina had looked up at him with tear marks stained on her cheeks, utterly confused and bewildered. "Neuvillette... whats going on?"

Neuvillette hesitated when he saw how vulnerable and weak she was at the moment. For centuries of being partners that had watched over Fontaine, this was the first time he had ever seen her outside of her act. She herself probably wasn't aware how distraught she looked.

Her high and mighty act disappeared after they had bore her secrets bare to the audiences below. The image of her begging him to believe her in the court as he called her out as guilty brought bitter memories and the clouds began to darken.

Forcibly burying those emotions deep and not wanting to make the environment dampen the moment than it already has, he focused his attention to Furina who became more anxious the longer he stayed silent. He knew then, that he should explain everything to her.

"I met ---------- and she was planning to ---------- the heavenly principles for the sake of ---------- the prophecy. She asked for your help because ---------- ---------- ---------- and from now on you are free."

To his surprise, Furina's expression was neither saddened nor comforted. It was merely empty as she stared straight to his eyes. It was as if she could see the very depths of his soul. "I'm leaving." She said abruptly.