Chapter 13: Face off with the Past

Start from the beginning

"I lov--" He couldn't finish his sentence as he got punched and landed on the ground with a thud.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding and fell on the ground.

I got my knees closer to my chest and hid my face in them.

"Please make him go. Pl--" I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Shshsh. He is gone. See." I looked up to see a very blurry Subhan. When did he come ?

He put a hand on my knees and rubbed it comfortingly.

"Are you okay ?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.

"Please tell me you are ok." He again said.

"I will kill that good for nothing asshole, but please stop crying."

"Accha aap rona toh band karein, aapko dekkhe mujhe bhi rona aa raha hai." His voice shook.

(Please stop crying, even I feel like crying seeing you cry)

I couldn't stop myself and pulled him closer to me and hugged him, he immediately wrapped his arms around me and made me sit on his lap.

"I am here. I will not let anything happen to you. Trust me." He said, rubbing my back.

I cried in his arms, I cried for the day I got married to Wajdaan. I cried for the day he raped me. I cried for the...days he raped me.

I cried in the arms of the man who I loved the most, for the love I lost. I cried harder, because he will never be mine.

And in that moment, I felt safe, my heart found it's peace. Because I knew, apart from all the differences, we were best friends. So I held onto him.  ___________________________________________

Subhans POV

When we realised Aayra was not with us, we were chill because we knew she would call. But even after 20 minutes when there was no sign of her, we panicked and decided to look for her.

I called on her mobile, but no response. Pick the damn phone chanda.

I called up my IT guy Adnan, and gave him her number and asked to trace it.

I looked here and there when a phone and few books caught my attention. I bent down near the them and checked the phone, it had Erums picture. My heart picked up its pace.

I can't lose her now. Please let her be safe Ya Allah.

I turned to a lane and saw her pinned against the wall. My jaw tightened and I fisted my hands. I got closer to them and punched the guy square in his face. It was her ex husband. What was he doing here ?

He ran before I could even get hold of him. I wanted to run behind him, but Aayra needed me more.

I kneeled beside her, every tear that fell was a prick to my heart. If only I didn't break her heart, she would've been mine.

I was shook when she pulled me closer to her and hugged me, but I composed myself and pulled her to my lap.

I needed this. I need her this close to me every day.

I ran a hand through her hair when she cried, and consoled her. Because at this moment, that was all I could do.

I called up Faris and informed him about the matter.
We decided it was best to head back home, so I asked Sahil to take care of our flight.
_________________________________________

We were all seated on the plane when erum came and looked at me.

"What happened baby ?" I asked her.

"Is ma ok ?" She asked looking beside me, where Aayra was still sleeping. She must be very tired because of all the crying she did.

"Yes, she is tired. She will be fine when we get back home In sha Allah." I said and put her on my lap.

"Okay." She said, and sat there quietly looking at her mother.

I looked at Aayra, and past memories came rushing to me.

I still remember the day she said that she loves me. I remember the glint in her eyes when I told that I liked her. I remember how she had felt against me when she hugged me.

I also remember her tears, the look on her face when I broke her heart.

If only she knew.

________________________________________
Hey my lovely readers. 😚

The next chapter will be continued in Subhans POV and we will know why he did what he did 👀

Why do you think he broke her heart ? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

I will post the next chapter tomorrow if there is at least a little engagement on this chapter. Or else, it will be posted after Ramadan In Sha Allah.

Also, don't forget to vote. Love you guys. 🤍
For more updates and little spoilers about the story, do follow me on my instagram- abeer_wriites

P.S. Of all the love your heart craves, it craves for yours the most 🫶🏼