Rang Jo Lagyo...

"Tu sure hai tereko koi problem nahi hoga?" Ishan rubbed his temples as Shubman asked his the very same question for the thousandth time in 2 days. Why was he more difficult to handle than Aleya! "Nahi, bachcha! Main sab sambhal lunga! Tu agar abhi nahi nikla toh flight miss kar doge! Ab niklo!" "Mere ghar se mujhe hi nikala jaa raha hai!" Shubman whined but stopped when he saw the other's 'I'm so done with you' face. The taller focused on Aleya who was giggling quietly at the adults' antics. He picked his princess up, smothering her faces with kisses, "I'll be back very soon, princess." "Come safe, Dada!" He was about to leave, when she squealed, "Kiss Papa goodbye!" 

Ishan turned a peachy shade of red as he shrieked, "Aleya! Kya bol rahe ho tum!" "But DeDe bhaiya always kiss Tilak chachu!" "Hey Bhagwaan! Yeh Tilvis ne meri beti ko kya kya sikhaya hai!" Ishan mentally facepalmed when Shubman joined in, "So sorry princess." He leant down to place a sweet little kiss at the corner of his jaan's lips before wheeling away with his suitcase. The father and daughter watched from the balcony and waved him goodbye. Shubi felt sad for leaving them alone for a week, but he had been severely threatened by Shahneel di... He could kiss life goodbye if he did not go home this time. 

Mumbai to Amritsar by flight and then Amritsar to Fazilka by train... The journey took him about 5 hours and he was tired to say the least. It was his mumma who opened the door in the evening. Before he could touch her feet, he was embraced in a soul crushing hug. "Oe piare, tusi kinne samay baad aaye ho!" Ma! Mainu chado! Ita dukhadi hai!" She finally left him and wiped her tears, ushering him into the house. "Papa kithe haina?" "Uha tela kharidana giya." "Ghar aate hi papa papa laga rakkha hai giraffe ke bachche ne!" Shahneel's taunting voice resonated in the drawing room. "Tu kaunsa badi shareef hai, bandar kahiki!" "Oh bada karo tusi dono! Shub, apne kamra vicha ja puttar. Main tuhanu kujha snacks liya aavanga." "Ji, Ma." He skipped all the way to his bedroom. 

Soon after his mother had dropped the snacks off, he heard three quick knocks. God! It was confession time! Shahneel di entered without even asking for permission, "Tu itne dino se ghar kyu nahi aaya?" His snacks were being taken away from him! "Practice main busy tha." "Achha? Mere naal jhutha na bolo! Ki gala hai?" "Kuchh nahi hai di! Aap bekaar main shak kar rahe ho!" "Thik hai, maat bata. Par yaad rakhna, mai teri behna ha, mai pata kar lavangi ki tu ki chhupa rah hai!" And off she stomped to her own room. After waiting for a few minutes to check if the coast was clear, Shubman called Abhishek. The guy picked up on the third ring. "He-hello?" "Abhi?" The older sat up straighter, why was his best friend's voice so nasally? "Han, bol." There were sniffling noises, adding to his worries. "Abhi, tu thik hai na?" "Arre pagle, mereko kya hoga! Main thik hun, tu apna bata!" "Main thik hun, tu ghar kab aane waala hai?" "Gha-ghar?" "Han! Tu aur Mayank ghar nahi aa rahe inn chhuttiyo main?" 

"Na-nahi." "Abhi, sach sach bata tu itna stutter kyu kar raha hai?" "Arre yaar, kuchh nahi, bas thoda cold hai." "Doctor ko bulaya?" "Bhai, tu please mera dimaag maat kha! Viral fever hai, do din main thik ho..." Shubman heard the other yawning, "Thik hai, thik hai. Tu rest kar, main baadmain phone karunga." "Hmmm." When he disconnected the call, he was unaware of the tempest that was about to come in the other's life. With Abhishek out of the list, Shubman thought of calling DB, but that guy was himself stuck to find an opportunity to propose! There was no use in torturing him any more. He racked his brain, trying to think of people he could rely on in case of relationship trouble. Jaiswal? No! Rishabh and Shreyas? Abso-fucking-lutely no! Jurel? He wasn't that close to him. Sarfaraz? No. The guy had just gotten married, he should get to enjoy life. Jaddu bhai? He had an arranged marriage, meh! Virat bhai? He would give the craziest ideas, and make fun of him forever. 

Yes! He could ask Surya bhau for some tips, sure he would not make fun of him. He called him, waiting impatiently for the man to pick it up, but ended up having to hear the mechanized voice declare, "The person you are calling is not answering. Please try again later." Shubman whined in his mind, where were his brothers when he needed them! He seriously needed to get a new brother who would treat him like Hardik bhai treated Ishan! Just then, his mother called him, "Beta, tera bapu aai hai!" "Main aa rai ha!" He called back. "Tusi kive ho papa?" "Game kaisa chal raha hai?" His father asked in return of his greeting. Shubman stopped himself, before he could sit on the sofa, beside him. "Achha chal raha hai." "Hmmm. Maine dekha. Bohot dino baad jaake century lagayi tune." "Ji papa." "Dekh beta, apna dhyaan rakha kar. Zyaada cramps ya injuries honge, toh game main aage nahi badh payega. I want you to be successful, ok? There are many flops going around, but don't get distracted by them!" His father was strict in his warning.