Mere Naam Tu

Shubman found Ishan sitting on the stone bench in the lawn, alone, crying and broken. He approached him like a rescuer advancing an injured animal, "Ishu, are you okay?" "Do you want me to tell the truth?" The answer came so late, the younger had thought the other hadn't heard him at all. "Hmm." "Baith na, khada kyu hai? Mein kya koi sher ya bhalu hun jo tujhe kha jaunga?" "Tune mujhe kha bhi liya na, toh tera pet nahi bharne wala. Mera taste achha nahi hai." Ishan smiled despite himself. 

"I still don't get Aleya, like I gave birth to her, so I am supposed to know every thing that goes on in her mind. She is mine, so it is my responsibility to be able to handle her mood swings, but why do I fail every single time? I am such a failure, Shubi, I am such a failure - as a son, as a player, as a brother, as a friend, as a lover and now as a mother too. Kabhi kabhi toh aisa lagta hai ki I don't deserve her at all." Shubman knelt in front of him and took both of his hands in his, "Ishu, it's completely normal if you don't get her at once. Life is a learning arc. You were never perfect at keeping when you were three, right? It took years of practice. Parenthood, relationships are all like that. We make mistakes, apologise and move on together." The pocket dynamite gave a wet laugh at this, "Yeh dialogue tereko kisne sikhaya?" "SKY bhaiya ne."

 "You're such a child, Shubu." Ishan was smiling as he pulled the younger's cheeks. It hurt like a bitch but seeing the other happy once more made it worth it for Shubman. He decided to address the elephant in the room, "Tu Aleya ka middle name ekbar phirse bol sakta hai?" Ishan cursed under his breath. How could he slip up such an important detail! But this was a question he couldn't lie his way out of. He had promised himself to not life regarding Aleya's identity. "Shubman." "Zara zoor se bol na. Sunai nahi diya mereko." "SHUBMAN", Ishan shouted. "Kya?" "Aleya ka middle name Shubman hai." The prince was shocked to his core. It was a ritual for children to have their father's name as their middle name as far as he knew, so shouldn't the little girl be called Aleya Ishan Kishan. But here she was, bearing his name in hers. "Tu mere saath room mein chal. Baat karni hai!" 

Ishan was literally dragged to room 32. Gill threw Pant and Iyer out with a few words of thanks. He carefully placed his noise canceling headphones on his daughter, careful not to jostle her up from sleep before playing through his most soothing playlist - his personal sleep assistant. Ishan stood there like a statue as the other man finally turned his attention on him for good. He had expected Shubman to be angry but he was shocked when he opened his mouth, "I am sorry Ish. Mujhe tujh se puchhna chahiye tha, permission leni chahiye thi before I forced myself on you like a sexual predator. Aleya sahi keh rahi thi, I am such a despicable person Ishu. I always end up hurting you, even if I don't want to. I understand if you don't want to associate with me ever again. I will never blame you for it because I know that I am the only one who can be blamed for this." 

Shubman himself had expected Ishan to be furious with him but he got lost in those midnight eyes once more when Ishan bonked him on the head." Tune jab mujhe kiss kiya, tab kya meine tujhe duur jaane ko kaha? Nahi na? I kissed you back Shubi. I am a grown ass adult, I could have resisted and fought you had you done something against my will. I am not a damsel in distress and I'll never be." "You - you mean you like me back," Shubman sounded so desperately hopeful that Ishan felt bad for him. "We can try and see where this goes. But why me? Why a guy, Shubu? Why risk your career for me?" "It was always you Bihari Babu, always. Pata nahi iss pyaar ko mein kya naam du - love at first sight ya phir love at first prank? But Jo bhi ho, mere life mein hamesha tu hi tha, tu hi hai, aur tu hi rahega. There will never be anyone else to Shubman Gill." 

" Emotional maat kar saale. Mein ab ro dunga."" Koi baat ni. Mein hu na, anshu pochne ke liye?" Ishan couldn't c contain himself anymore as he engulfed his dearest Shubi in a hug, "Will you give us a chance?" "Always Ish. We're forever." The two stood there, basking in each other's presence till the serenity of the room was broken by Isha's obnoxious ringtone. It was Brevis. The two shared a glance, their minds plagued with the same question, "Isko iss time par kya chahiye?" They picked up the call only to receive another shock. The south African sounded out of breath as he fumbled on the speaker, "I- I need help Ishan Bhai?" "What the hell do you need at ass o'clock in the morning!" Shubman exclaimed in disbelief. 

"Ishaaan! See your boyfriend is bullying me?!" DB whined lowly. Ishan choked on his own saliva, "He- he isn't my boyfriend." Shubman gave him a dirty look but the foreigner saved the moment by adding a "yet!" "Tu bol tujhe kya chahiye?" "I need your help to choose a ring." "Ring? Kyu? Teri family ne teri shaadi arrange karwa di kya?" Shubi's sass incited a chuckle from the pretty angel beside him. 1 point for the Prince! "I- woh... um... I" "What is the matter, Brevi? Tu bol mereko! Tera yeh bhai sabki mushkilein aahsaan kar dega." "IwannaproposetoTilak!" "Shubu, tune bhi wahi suna na jo maine suna?" Ishan could not believe his ears. His babies had finally grown up! "Lagta toh waisa hi hai." "Kab jana hai shopping pe?" "After your practice, today? You suggest the time. I'll somehow manage." "Thik hai. Aaj shaam 7 baje milte hai." "Roger that, captain!"

The three beeps which followed after this statement signified that the call had been disconnected. Call Shubman selfish, but couldn't he get a moment with his not-just-best friend without having to deal with the other babies? The babies who were apparently ready to take the next step when his own love story was still stuck at pining? This was unfair, so so unfair that Shubman wanted to skin the person who had the idea to make his life so miserable. Why was it in his fate to be lass-lorn forever?! But looking at Ishan who was already scrolling through a multitude of wedding ring choices, all the while giggling like an excited teenager, it seemed worth it...... 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Guys, aapko yeh chapter phir se padh lena chahiye. Next chapters will not match as I am changing the plot a bit. That's a lie - I am changing half of it! Today was my school farewell and I still can't believe that I grew up.

My mum's so disappointed with me as they gave the preboard results too and I got second for just a single mark.

One boy of my class gave his status that his boyfriend gifted him alcohol markers and me being the eternally single person I am, am so envious of him. I want a partner too who would gift me things!

Enjoy, Adiraj.