"Why? Too embarrassed? Then leave it and come over my lap. I should be fair with you two, right? You'll get the same punishment as Aryan," He said, turning to her I pushed him to the side.

"Ayaan, you already slapped her," I said.

"One slap, she doesn't understand with it because before, when I received a complaint from school about her bullying, she did get it. But it seems like she just wants to keep her bossy behavior," Ayaan said, glaring at Ayushi.

"Ayushi, either you take your position or I'm taking you over my knees," I warned.

"Ayaan, you will... I will kill you if you do it..."

Aashi, don't worry, I won't do it. I've never done it to Ayushi before, so I'm not changing it today. I'm just scaring her," he said and softly squeezed my hand.

"Ayushi, have you decided?" Ayaan asked as Ayushi looked at me for help.

"Mumma, I won't do it again," she said, and I looked at Ayaan with my puppy eyes.

"AYUSHI," Ayaan said, taking long strides towards her.

He pushed her down a little bit, and I could see Ayushi willing to do it, not wanting to fight more. Once she was in the said position, I can say I officially hate his friend Rahul; he is taking classes from him or what.

Ayaan sat on another chair and kept looking at Ayushi.

"Ayaan," I said, making him look at me.

"What?... I've done the same to your raja beta to he just gets leverage because he didn't go out on his own will," he said, dismissing me.

"Cook, Aashi," he mumbled.

"Yeah, make my daughter Murga, then expect me to cook for you. Heartless person. I will kill you in the bedroom. Sleep on the couch alone," I mumbled, which I'm sure he heard but didn't say anything.

"M... Mumma," Aryan said, and I turned to him. He showed me his plate.

"Do you want more?"

He nodded his head. I looked at Ayaan to see if I could give him more or not. He never let any of us consume too many sugary products.

"Yeah, it's okay, give him. But save a good amount of cake too," he mumbled, still looking at Ayushi.

"AYUSHI!" he shouted, making Ayushi correct her position.

"Dad, I'm tired."

"Ayaan, that's enough," I said as he rolled his eyes, showing me his mobile phone where the timer was going on.

"She's been like this for only two minutes; she will be like this for at least fifteen minutes. Do your work now," he said, his eyes not moving from Ayushi.

I turned my eyes towards her too, and she seemed to struggle a lot.

"Ayaan, you seem to like chicken a lot. I will never cook it again," I said, but he stayed unaffected, looking at the timer and Ayushi.

I'm not sure if time was intentionally passing slowly because I heard Ayaan say Ayushi's name about fifteen times.

"Ayushi," he said again, and I quickly grabbed his phone. It had been almost fifteen minutes.

I stayed silent as I handed him his phone. He looked at me, expecting me to say something, but I remained quiet.

"Ayushi, stand up," he said, but instead of standing, she sat down, holding onto her legs.

"Mumma," she whispered, opening her arms.

"Why do you like doing these things when they hurt so much?" I asked, taking her into my arms.

"Shh, stop crying," I said, kissing her sweaty hair.

"It's been an hour, right?" Ayushi innocently asked, looking at me. I chuckled and gently pushed her back.

"Yes, it's been an hour. Calm down. I know it hurts," I said, holding her and continuing my work until she didn't want to move anymore.

I was almost done with my cooking, and no one had said a single word.

Ayushi peeked out from my neck, looking at Ayaan, who was also watching us.

"Mumma, this," Ayushi said, pointing at a toffee. I smiled and gave it to her, but instead of eating it, she threw it at Ayaan.

"Are you still angry with me?" she asked. Ayaan took her from me and sat down with her on his lap.

"Will you stop bullying?" Ayaan asked, massaging her knees.

She nodded her head. "But I will still fight with him. I won't threaten him anymore," she said, pointing at Aryan.

"Sorry, didi," Aryan said cutely.

Ayushi pulled his hair and then hid herself in Ayaan's arms.

"You're scary," she said, pouting angrily.

"I have to be. My babies like to dance on my head. Come, let's wash your face," he said, taking her to the sink and washing her face properly.

"I love you, sona," Ayaan said, kissing her forehead.