33❤

AYAAN'S P.O.V

She should avoid these topics. I regret every action I took. Does she really expect me to completely ignore my child's behavior? Does she not understand at all?

Did I even scold Aryan or Ayushi when I was there? I know that can upset them, that's why did I put everything aside? Will I harm my children according to her?

"Hey man, you doing alright? You've been here for three days. Are you enjoying your stay at the hospital or are you busy with some surgery?" Rahul asked me as he placed his plate on the table where I was sitting.

I've been spending my time in the hospital because I returned a week ago from there. Aashika came back three days ago. If she had shown even a little excitement to see me, I would have happily stayed at home, even if we had an argument. But she just looks at me like I'm the last person on earth she wants to meet. So I decided not to go home.

She didn't even let the kids come to me. When Ayushi ran to me, she called her back. So Ayushi simply walked back to her mom.

"Hey, where are you lost again? Back to reality. Did you have fun on your vacation?" Rahul asked, and I chuckled, nodding my head. I had a lot of fun, a lot.

"I'm going to my cabin," I mumbled. He looked at me confused.

"Okay, but are you really not going home?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to my room.

"Sir, you have an appointment..."

"Cancel it. Forward it to another doctor," I mumbled without looking at the nurse.

My eyes were fixed on the ceiling. It's beautiful. I like the design, all white... There's so much to look at.

I ended up grabbing my phone. I unlocked it and went to the gallery. Roshni and Deepak had sent me many pictures from the vacation.

All the pictures are beautiful. I don't think I'll ever go on another vacation now. I seem to have bad luck with vacations.

"Let's just go home. It was my mistake. She can use it against me."

___________

Aashika took a deep breath, completely exhausted from all the running.

"Aryan, stop right now. I'm not chasing after you just to make you eat it," Aashika said, her tone somewhat stern.

But Aryan still didn't come near her.

"Mom, it's not tasty," Aryan whined.

"So what can I do? Look at your cold. Your nose is running again. Your throat was hurting too, right? This will make everything okay," Aashika said, but Aryan started running again.

Finally, after so much effort, Aashika finally caught him.

"Now I dare you to move," she said, taking a spoonful of porridge and blowing air to make it a little cold before bringing it in front of his mouth.

"Now be a good boy and..."

Before Aashika could say another word, Aryan pushed her hand, causing the bowl to fall on Aashika's lap.

She immediately pushed Aryan away so he wouldn't get burned.

"What is this?" Aashika almost shouted at him. But Aryan stomped his feet and went to the other side.

"Aryan, this is unacceptable. Don't you understand me?" she scolded, but it seemed like her words had no effect on him as he simply started watching cartoons, making her even angrier.

After cleaning herself up, Aashika approached him again with another bowl.

"Now finish it."

"Don't you understand? I don't want this thing," Aryan said, making a face.

"Aryan..."

"Don't disturb me, go away," Aryan said, and Aashika put the bowl down with a thud and moved to Ayushi, snatching her phone from Ayushi's hand.

"You have pending work, Ayushi. Will you do it, or do you want me to wait until I get a call from your school?"

"After you get a call," Ayushi muttered under her breath.

"Ayushi, do your school work. It's pending, and it's only increasing since you're not even doing your work," Aashika said, sounding stern, but Ayushi shook her head.

"Can't you do it? It's a lot, and I can't do it alone."

Ayushi, it's time for you to do your school work now," Aashika said, placing her hand on her waist.

"Mom, your attempt to intimidate me has failed. I'm going to the park to play games," Ayushi replied, getting up. However, Aashika grabbed her hand and decided to use a more effective approach.

"Do it, or else I'll call your dad right now," she threatened.

"He's not at home. You said he's busy at the hospital. My sweet momma, I'll be back," Ayushi said, running out of the house, leaving Aashika even angrier.

"Aryan, you're my good boy. You should at least listen to me," Aashika said, sitting with him on her lap.

"Please finish it," she pleaded, but Aryan started squirming in her arms.

"I don't want to, can't you understand? Don't bug me," he shouted, biting Aashika's hand. However, she refused to let go and continued holding him.

"You didn't have dinner yesterday. You haven't had breakfast or lunch today. It's late, baby. Just a little bit," Aashika said, but Aryan began hitting her. When she still didn't let go, he started throwing his hands around, accidentally hitting Aashika's cheek. She looked at him in shock for a moment.

"Did he just slap you?" Ayaan asked, having just returned from the hospital.

Instead of looking at Ayaan, Aashika looked down. After a few minutes of silence, Aryan grabbed the bowl and escaped to the kitchen table, where he started eating properly.

"Aashika..."

Without responding, Aashika ran up the stairs and locked herself in her room, angry at both Ayaan and herself.

______