Chapter 70: Battle for Remnant: Part 5

Start from the beginning

Tyrian giggled. "Well, well, looks like even the dead can rise from their grave!" He grinned, tilting his head as he settled into a crouch.

"Really?" Summer asked, facing the insane Faunus as she readied her scythe, her silver eyes flashing murderously. "Then this shouldn't hurt at all!" Silver fire exploded around her, and she shot toward Tyrian, her daughter at her side.

Perfect. Raising her hand, a fireball gathering above her palm, Cinder took aim at the three of them. Before she could attack, a flicker of movement caught her eye, and she backflipped, dodging a red blade as it hissed past her chest. "You," Cinder growled, eyes narrowing as she gazed upon her opponent.

"Me," Raven agreed and shot forward, their weapons clashing in a shower of sparks. Wind surging around her, Raven slammed Cinder against the wall, only for the False Maiden to push her back. Summoning a pillar of ice and kicking off it, Raven streaked forward. Exchanging yet another fury of blows, Raven swung, and Cinder's blade shattered, shrapnel impaling Cinder's arm and eliciting a hiss of pain from her. "Aura can't protect your arm," Raven stated emotionlessly. "It's Grimm."

Cinder hissed, pulling the shrapnel out of her arm as she faced the spring Maiden, black blood dripping to the ground.

"You turned yourself into a monster just for power," Raven went on. There was no emotion in her voice. She was just stating the facts as she saw them.

"Look who's talking," Cinder growled. Flames roared to life, and she lunged, conjuring a pair of swords. As the two Maidens exchanged a flurry of blows, fire and ice exploding around them, Hazel brought his fists down on Yang, forcing her to jump back.

"Get down!" Mercury yelled. He backflipped, flying over Yang as he planted a blow in Hazel's jaw with one foot and launched a Dust round at Emerald with the other, knocking her back.

"Wanna switch dance partners?" Yang asked as she and Mercury stood back-to-back, facing Hazel and Emerald as the two circled around them.

Mercury smirked. "You read my mind." Firing his shotgun boots as he kicked off the ground, he darted toward Hazel as Yang launched a Dust shell at Emerald, forcing her back.

Pulling himself off the wall, Watts gritted his teeth and looked up as he saw Blake rushing to help Yang and Mercury. "Not so fast, kitty." Raising his gun, he aimed, leveling the barrel of his weapon with Blake's head.

"Blake!" Weiss shouted. A Glyph exploded around her, and she shot forward, her rapier hissing through the air... and stabbed Watts through the chest.

Eyes wide, Weiss stared in shock as Watts pawed numbly at her blade. Blood spurted from his mouth, and he fell limp, slowly sliding off her weapon as he collapsed. "I... I..."

"Weiss, look out!" Blake shouted, and the Hound lunged, snapping at Weiss's neck. Before it could land the attack, Accalia rammed into his side, throwing the Hound to the ground once more.

"Come on!" Blake shouted and pulled Weiss to her feet, the Heiress struggling to come to terms with the fact that she had actually killed someone. "We have to help Yang!"

Shaking her head, Weiss nodded and charged as Yang launched a barrage of Dust shells toward Emerald, seemingly aiming at empty air as Emerald used her semblance once more.

Emerald smirked and aimed a blow at Yang's neck, only for a Glyph to materialize between them, stopping the blow. Eyes widening, Yang spun, ducking a round from Emerald, and delivered a powerful blow to the thief's chest, throwing her backward as her Aura shattered.