Chapter ~32

Like

.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Vanessa's POV:

"The police have stopped Luigi Giordano."

The sentence burst through my earpiece, signalling the time to attack.

I gripped the steering wheel tightly, before muttering a single word.

"Let's move."

Pressing my foot on the accelerator, I went ahead. The headlights twinkled brightly on the empty road, pushing away the darkness surrounding it.

I stopped the car in the middle of the road, where not even the souls of the dead could be seen and parked it in a way that no car or truck could drive past.

Getting out of the car, I stood there waiting for the two trucks that were on their merry way and will be crossing this road.

The road of the doomed. The police and other organisations, who are in the pocket of these bastards, never patrol this way. It's one of the many routes from where the products of illegal trade cross. Be it weapons, drugs or humans.

This deadly route is the sweetheart of the criminals and greedy people. And, the sentence of death for others.

You either belong to a former or the latter, there is nothing in between. Or, was. Because today, it will become the devil of lives for the corrupt and the angel of life for the innocents.

The yellowish headlight comes in my view, and the driver must have spotted my car from distance noticing the slowing down speed of the truck.

The truck came to an halt just a small distance from my car. Rolling down the window, the driver peeked his head out.

"Get the fuck out of the way."

I walked faster towards the truck, not missing how the second truck also stopped.

"I am so sorry. My car broke down in the middle of the road and there is no network here. I don't know what to do. Can you please help me? I have been stranded here since two hours." I pleaded, showcasing myself as the damsel in distress in need of a man in shining armour.

Bloody hilarious.

The man slowly looked around, scrutinizing our surrounding before landing his gaze back on me or more like my body.

While I was talking to him, the man from another truck got out, coming my way.

Stopping besides me, he stares up at the man I was talking to, and asked "What happened?"

"This young lady wants us to help her. Her car broke down and she is alone."

The emphasis he put on the word 'alone' was enough to understand the implications behind it.

Some men are pathetic creatures and being a vile piece of shit runs in their blood. I won't be surprised if instead of blood, dung runs through their veins.

"Oh, we can. Don't worry lady, us gentleman will be at your service. Let's look at your car." The second man hums, walking towards my car with small strides.

As I follow him further, I sense the other man behind me.

Sliding the Ka-Bar down my shirt's sleeve to my palm, I grip the handle tightly, waiting for the man to make his move.