Chapter 29 :- Agony of Past

ابدأ من البداية

"Aww, that's so cute, thinking about her first thing in the morning, eh?" Elizabeth teased. "She went to school."

I sighed, reluctantly accepting her response. "Okay, fine. Now, can you please tell me why Alice was in this room, and whose room am I in right now?"

Elizabeth gently pushed me back onto the bed, tucking me securely under the blanket. "Shh, calm down first. It's not good for your health. I will explain everything, okay?"

I nodded slightly, acknowledging her point. It was true; I still felt weak and fragile, and perhaps it was best to listen to her explanation before jumping to conclusions.

She began by asking me a series of questions, wanting to understand the circumstances leading up to my sudden bouts of dizziness. I recounted how it had first occurred near the docks, followed by another episode in the car. The sensations had been overwhelming, accompanied by excruciating headaches. I confessed that I had never experienced anything like it before.

She took a moment to absorb all the information I had shared with her, her brow furrowing slightly in concern. "Hmm, okay," she finally said, her voice gentle yet filled with a hint of worry. "I think it's nothing more than just a normal headache, but it must have been quite powerful for you."

I nodded in agreement, relieved that she didn't seem overly concerned. "Yes, I suppose it was just a headache," I replied, trying to downplay the intensity of the pain I had experienced.

However, her next words caught me off guard. "By the way, I heard from Alice that you tend to think about things a lot," she said, her tone compassionate. I couldn't help but wonder how much Alice had divulged to her.

Attempting to reassure her, I forced a smile and replied, "I appreciate your concern, but I promise you, I'll be fine. It's just a phase you said right? And I'll get through it."

She placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, her touch warm and reassuring. "Look, I really think you need to prioritize your well-being," she said, her voice taking on a more professional tone. "Whether it's dwelling on the past or constantly worrying about the future, negative thought patterns can have a detrimental impact on both your mental and physical health. Ruminating on stressful events can eventually lead to anxiety and depression."

I nodded slightly, acknowledging her words, but still hesitant to fully open up. Sensing my reluctance, she sat down beside me on the bed, her presence offering a sense of comfort. "Hey, I'm sorry if I'm prying, but as a doctor, it's important for me to understand what you're going through," she said softly. "Do you have painful memories from your past that you're struggling to overcome?"

I didn't responded.

She then spoke up, 'I will take that as a yes then. Do you want to talk about it? Or would you prefer to discuss it with Alice?"

I replied firmly, 'No, no one needs to do anything about this. Can we please drop the subject? I don't want to talk about it."

My gaze remained fixed on the floor, unable to meet her eyes. The weight of my past felt heavy, and I couldn't find the words to express my emotions. I simply shook my head, indicating that I didn't want to discuss it.

She seemed to understand my reluctance and backed off, her voice filled with empathy. "Okay, I won't push you to talk about it if you're not ready," she said gently. "Just know that I'm here for you, and if you ever feel like opening up, don't hesitate to reach out. In the meantime, please take care of yourself. I'll bring you some soup and make sure you get some rest."

I simply nodded in response to her instructions, and she promptly made her way to the kitchen. After a few minutes, she returned with a steaming bowl of soup, carefully setting it down on the table before me. Concern etched across her face, she gently informed me that I needed to continue resting for a few more days. Acknowledging her words with another nod. I took the bowl of soup, finished it quickly and put it back on the table.