F o r t y-s e v e n

Elora POV

I wake up to the TV lighting up the room with the rest of the lights off. I clear my throat and look around, finding Dunk sitting in the chair they brought in. Everyone has been taking shifts babysitting me and Serenity. Thankfully Bria and Xae cleared up time from work to come too but Dom is usually always here. He's been working from home to be attentive to me and harp on all the doctor's rules.

It's been about a week since I've left the hospital and I mostly feel better. The low-dose pain meds don't work as well as I would want but they put me to sleep which is better than nothing.

I've been working as much as I can from here but I'm still canceling meetings and fittings left and right. Everyone has been very understanding, of course, because I'm growing a human. But I feel so lazy just being in bed all day.

What's worse is we had to cancel the Mother's Day brunch. I begged Dom to let that be my last outing, but he wouldn't budge. On the day, I received multiple calls, and gifts congratulating me on my very first Mother's Day. Dominic made me breakfast and pampered me all day.

Aunt Key called a couple of days before to ask why the brunch was canceled. If I didn't think fast she would be on her way to find me. I had to say the doctor told me to be on bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy but not why. Thankfully she accepted it and told me to soak it up. Maternity leave was next and I'd get no sleep with the baby.
I wondered what Serenity and Tyson thought to say but Aunt Key ran her mouth about it anyway.

" Child I worry about that cousin of yours."

"You always say that." I laugh.

"Yes, but this time I have backup evidence. This is why I never wanted her to get a license in the first place. It's been how long since she's driven. And of course, the first thing she did was get into an accident. Thank the Lord she's okay, and that other person's insurance is gonna cover it."

"You're right, but the accident wasn't that bad. She's doing great, Tyson's taking great care of her."

"You know, I had my doubts about that boy in the beginning. I wasn't sure how he treated her and I thought that this might just be a repeat of some of her exes. You know my baby has a type. But honestly, thankfully, Tyson has been proving me wrong. I don't think I've ever had Serenity tell me that she didn't need me to take care of her. Especially when she's hurt. And as much as my heart aches that my baby is growing up, I can't help would be so proud and happy that she has someone in her life who takes care of her how she needs. You both found some good men in your lives, no matter how they got there."

We talked for only a few more minutes that day, but I felt so much better hearing her voice. She's been a mother to me for years and the person I went to when I needed help. Not being near her in such a hard situation is almost foreign. Just knowing that one day that'll be me and Butta makes my heart ache.

Dunk turned around and noticed me up.

"Oh shit did I wake you up? I'm sorry. Please don't tell Dom." I can't help but giggle. He's been so protective this whole time but tripled down since the accident.

"No, you're fine. I need to wake up, I'm gonna get bed sores soon."

"Aye, we following the doctor's orders. You need rest before birth, then after that-"