T h i r t y-t h r e e

Elora POV
1 month later

"How's shopping going? You too quiet over there." Bria asks over the phone. I have her sitting on my phone stand beside my laptop as I work and she runs errands. She took the weekend to visit her parents who are moving soon. They called Bria and her siblings, wanting them to help clean out the house.

"Yeah, I just found the last jacket I think. I'm not getting the shoes until after I speak to them again."

I close my top and open my planner, crossing off tasks and adding in new ones.

I let out a deep sigh and sat back in my desk chair, Dominic found me a new one with better back support since I refuse to slow down with work.

"What are you doing for the rest of the day?" She asks. "Wait these are cute! No, focus Bri." She shakes her head and moves on from whatever distracted her.

"Probably gonna take a nap soon and then get ready for my date," I smirk.

"Ooh, where y'all going?" she asks with a wide smile.

"No clue. He just told me to dress cute but comfortable and to wear my hair up." I furrow my brows at the last instruction.

"Wear your hair up? What kind of fifty shades shit are you about to get into?" She bursts out laughing.

"Shut up, I don't think it's like that. Well I hope not." I worry.

"You know you like that freaky shit don't front." she side-eyes me in the camera.

"Hush! Before somebody child hears you talking nasty in Dollar Tree."

"Whatever you know I'm right. And I wanna hear all about it, this mystery date shit sounds cute."

"I know right? I'm excited, I actually have butterflies."

She laughs. "Are you sure that's not Butta cuttin' up in there?"

I roll my eyes. "Hell nah, this actually feels good."

***

Summer Walker plays on my speakers as I stand in the bathroom doing my eyebrows. The humid shower air keeps my edges curly, so I pull my hair into a high ponytail while I wait for the steam to go away.

As I cross into my bedroom I hear my phone buzz loudly on the dresser.

D😚💛: 5 min away

Anxiety fills my body as I rush to the closet to pick out shoes. The cold February air makes me rethink my flats so I opt for my black mini Uggs.

"Shit my hair," I rush to the bathroom as I remember. Suddenly I hear a loud knock on the door. "Seriously?"

I rush back out of the bathroom and towards the door. I look through the peephole and see Dominic waiting with his bottom lip between his teeth and his hand behind his back.

I open the door with a hand on my hip and a stern look.

"Hello- what's wrong?" he stops short once he realizes my expression.

"What happened to 5 minutes? I'm not ready yet." I fuss and leave him at the door.

"Baby you know you take long so I just embellished a little. We not late, just chill." he follows me into my living room. "And slow down, I can't get a kiss?"

I stop before I reach my room and turn around, trying to hide my smile. He pulls a vase of flowers from behind his back and places them on the coffee table.