F o r t y-t h r e e

Omniscient POV
Cinco De Mayo pt 2

Dominic laughed at Dunk while they set up the DJ station. Once the program was fully running he stepped back and held his hands up.

"All you," Dom walked around the table.

Dunk put the headphones around his neck and smiled wide. "Yeah, this shit went be jumping tonight. Better have Lo baby bag on standby, we might make Butta come early." He joked.

Dominic rolled his eyes at him. "Chill son, on everything that's like my biggest fear right now."

His phone buzzed in his shorts pocket so he grabbed it over. Seeing his younger sister's picture on the screen, he answered quickly.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Hello Dominic, why do you always answer like you handling business?" Julissia asked.

"Maybe I am. What's up though? Shouldn't you be out somewhere drunk with your friends by now?"

"Working on it. But I could say the same for you."

"Working on it. But I'm old and got a child I'm going home no later than eleven."

She let out a long laugh. "I'm so fucking dead! That's funny D, how are my niece and sister doing anyway?"

"They good. She should be here soon." he checked the door again.

"Where's here?"

"The shop, we having a little party."

"Oop, and didn't invite me? Crazy as fuck," she gasped.

Dom couldn't help but laugh. "Nigga shut up."

"Anyway since you clearly don't give a fuck about me," she said with a sigh.

"Girl whatever I'll just Doordash you something and you'll be ight."

"Or you could send me a couple of dollars before I go out tonight." her voice went up an octave.

"Deal,"

"Dom! Come grab this please!" Nouri yells. From
The front door.

"Ju I gotta go, don't get in nobody's car unless it's an Uber, ok?"

"Okay, love you have fun!"

"Love you too."

Tyson sat the last tray on the table rack. He stepped back to inspect his work with an approving nod. "Corey you can light 'em now. We gone start in like twenty minutes."

Corey nodded, grabbed the long grill lighter, and started from the opposite end of the table. Tyson went back outside to check that Miya's car was empty, closed all the doors, and locked them. He checked his surroundings before heading back inside.

The air was warm, cars sped past on the street blasting Reggaeton music and people walking the streets were dressed for the occasion.

After seeing that no appointments were booked Dom decided to close for the entire day. The party was set to start at six thirty that way everyone who wanted to go home early could and those who wanted to keep going could easily find an after-party.

Before Tyson could reach for the door it swung open almost hitting him. He heard a loud gasp and Noelle peaked around the door.

"I'm so sor- Tyson?" She jumped back.

"Noelle," they stared at each other for a few moments.