T w e n t y-n i n e

Omniscient POV

Junie sits at the edge of the bed strapping up her heels. Her phone pings and she searches for it on her pink fuzzy comforter. Once she finds it, she opens the new message from Dominic.

Bestieee💗🤤: I'm been busy n shit not lettin up no time soon so you ain even gone see me

Bestieee💗🤤: sorry

Junie rolled her eyes and texted him back.

but I miss you, you acting like you dgaf abt me: Me

Bestieee💗🤤: chill I do I'm just busy, I'll catch you around bro
Bestieee💗🤤: promise

"Bro"?
She tossed her phone back on the bed and walked toward her mirror to check herself out.

"Oh Mr.Youri, why do you keep treatin' me like these regular broads?" She asked herself in the mirror. She turned around and twerked in her jeans to see how much her ass moved in case they go out to the club.

One of these days you're gonna stop fucking around and want me back. She thought to herself while she went to the bathroom to apply more lipgloss.

Another message pings her phone. She checks the time on the alarm clock on her nightstand.

7:30 pm

She ran to her phone and picked it up.

Dreadhead Bae: outside

Junie grabbed her coat and purse and then left.

***

2 days earlier

A knock at the door took Dennis's attention away from fixing his hair. He pulls his sweatshirt over his body as he goes to answer it. Through the peephole he sees his favorite cousin waiting at the door holding her laptop case in one arm and a coffee in the other hand.

He opened the door with a wide smile and pulled her in for a hug.

"Twinn what's up? What you got for me?" Dennis stepped aside to welcome her in and they walked back toward his bedroom.

In the bathroom, he pulled his curly locs into a low ponytail. His cousin got comfortable on the bed and opened her laptop.

"Boy, this shit was so easy you could've done it. And all you gave me was 'Dom' like what? The FBI need be ringing my line." She snorts.

He rolls his eyes at her. "Exactly what I have you for Shaunie. Shut up and tell me what you found."

"Yea ok, anyway, all these niggas' pages public so I didn't have to fight to get in there, and they don't follow too many people. Who they think they are? Jay-Z and Beyoncé?"

"Maybe." he shrugged.

"Anyway, this is her baby daddy." she pulled up a picture of a tall, tatted, light-skin man. "I guess she likes niggas with long hair."

He leaned through the doorway to look at the screen, he sucked his teeth in response.

"First, she only thinks that's her baby daddy. Second, that's the only similarity, what about old boy?"