F o r t y-t w o

Elora POV
Cinco De Mayo pt.1

"Which skirt?" I hold a jean maxi skirt in my left hand and a blue flowy skirt in my right.

Serenity cocks her head to the side and frowns. "You're right. The jeans might be uncomfortable don't you think?"

I shrug and toss the skirt on the bed before sitting down to pull the skirt on.

"Ty told me his ex is gonna be at the party tonight." She blurted out in the bathroom mirror.

"Wait what?" My face scrunches up quickly.

"You know she works for Dom. Wait did you meet her when you went to work with him a couple of months ago?"

"No, but Dom said not everyone was there that day anyway. I definitely would think he'd let me know which one was Ty's ex. What was her name?" I stick my feet in my light pink decorated crocs.

"Noelle."

"Wait, Noelle or Nouri?" I press.

"He said, Noelle."

"Okay then no I didn't meet her. She's coming tonight? Are you okay?"

She finishes her makeup and folds her arms. "I don't know, I guess I am because clearly if he wanted her maybe they'd still be together especially with her being within reach through Dom. So I should feel like I have nothing to worry about. But I know how I get when I see my partners' exes and they're prettier than me."

"Don't think like that, you and her are not in competition. He warned you so you wouldn't be surprised, he's only not showing up with you because he's hosting. Once we show up with the cake and he's all over you she'll know what's up."

"You're right, I'll try to stay on my best behavior because tonight is supposed to be fun. I've been so busy lately I just want a fun night with all of y'all," she pouts.

"It will be fun...as long as there are no surprise guests," I say the last part lower.

She turns to me confused.

"What do you mean? That Junie girl? What happened now?"

I let out a deep sigh. "You're not gonna believ- well yes you are. She popped up on Dom at the shop a couple of days ago. He made her leave but I'm just so annoyed. I wanna beat her ass at this point."

"Oh I do too, she's been foul way too long. But maybe the only thing he could do is get a restraining order."

"He not gone do that and you know it. I don't know, but it's a real trust test."

"That's true, so trust he's handling it correctly. We need to hurry up and head out, I don't want to hear anybody's mouth about us being late." She stood and then helped me up. I decided on Crocs and slid my feet into them before we grabbed our things and headed out.