(Treepie)After The Double Date (also with Botker fluff)

A/N: I know, I'm the wordsmith of the century.

Sitting in a secluded booth in a restaurant, Bottle took a single strand of sauce-inundated spaghetti from the plate to her left, placed the end in her mouth and slurped it as quick as possible. Marker, sitting across from her, stared in amazement as the tomato sauce shot across her face, the speed and turns of the flowing pasta proving too much for the sauce's internal pressure to keep it attached.

From Marker's right, Tree looked at them and groaned: "Auugh, Bottle, stop being messy."

"But we're having fun." the couple answered together, somehow in perfect sync.

"With Pie's food!"

Bottle looked a little offended:

"She doesn't seem to mind."

Tree looked for words, didn't find them, vocalized meaninglessly in exasperation.

Pie climbed from her seat onto the table and walked up to Tree, non-chalantly stepping between the laid out cutlery, food and glassware.

She hugged him and patted one of his branches. "There there."

Her monotone, bored voice gave him at least a little comfort throughout this confusing nonsense.

However, her hug from atop the table was even more irregular, and he was having trouble bearing it all. He hugged her back and croaked a noise just barely not referable to as a sob.

Pie had no intent of letting him sob, so she adjusted her position within the hug so that their lips met. A kiss came straightforwardly from there.

"Awww, look Marker, they're so sweet."

"Maybe I should kiss you like that, Bottle."

She awkwardly watched the kissing couple beside her boyfriend for 5 seconds.

"Please do."

Marker walked across the table in a "just doing my job" manner, pulled her up onto the table (he was too tall to kiss her from standing atop the table while she was sitting) and nonchalantly kissed her. She felt like melting in his arms, which she was in fact doing. He wasn't complaining though, since liked how redly she was blushing.

But holding his girlfriend standing up was proving to be a bit much for his arms. She nearly fell when he could no longer hold her up and finally let her go. She awkwardly, but widely, smiled at him.

She got off the table in the booth and sat back in her seat. He sat next to her, briefly sighting Pie, who was still kissing Tree, before turning to kiss Bottle again.

Some minutes after these occurences, the couples, with slight embarassment, resumed their previous placement and finished their meals, talking about things that do not interest the author, like the refractive index of ice and the density of marble from different regions of the world.

The evening concluded and our couples made their ways home. As Tree got to bed, he still didn't really get why Marker and Bottle had invited him and Pie to a double date. He tried to dismiss the thought, knowing they were an erratic and random, if cute, pair. He failed to dismiss it though, and couldn't help but wonder if Marker had already proposed. Huh, now he thought of it, maybe Bottle had invited them over to subtly imply she'd like to have what Tree and Pie had, but with Marker. That something being a marriage. Thinking of which....

He and Pie faced each other in bed. He wasn't particularly in the mood, but he wouldn't mind fulfilling his marital duties. It usually helped him sleep better anyways. Through facial expressions, pheromones or telepathy, this was somehow communicated to Pie.