(Stapoldy) International Day of Women

If you do not understand the terminology, looking up "parts of a stapler" and going to the "images" section may help you.

Stapy stood in line at a flower boutique in front of a supermarket. The gods must've been favourable to him, since he only had to wait 5 minutes. A long wait on regular days, but a stroke of luck at this boutique given the date. The date being of course the elderly, poor-at-English dry fruit working the boutique.

And also International Women's Day, as the small chalkboard in front helpfully informed.
Stapy bought a bouquet and placed it on the top of the shopping cart, over the medium-sized mass of groceries that resided within. Meanwhile, Marker came back from the store with a small bag and handed Stapy 90 bucks with some change, saying: "Here's your change."

Then he smiled, put the bag in the cart, being careful not to crush the flowers. "And there's your cheese".

"Thanks." Stapy answered, rubbing the back of his head (it's quicker to write this than "area at the top of him behind his face".)

They made their way to the parking lot and then got all the bags in the car, putting the bouquet at the top to minimise damage to it. Consequently, Stapy took a small bag containing a couple yellow flowers that had been off to the side and quickly added them to the bouquet while Marker sped across the curb towards the little area where the shopping carts were to be deposited, turning and drifting between two poles for preventing cars entry to the sidewalk before pulling a rapid 180° to face the area from the parking lot. He rammed the shopping cart into it's legion of brethren and ran to the car, which Stapy was now in the process of starting. There was no driver's seat, merely a cushion on which Stapy rested his heavy frame, nor a pedal or the area around it, as from the steering wheel the wall of the car went straight down.

Stapy's mind wandered as he went through the motions. This car had been a rare find, and he was very glad to live in a society car-centric enough to permit pedalless control-schemes for the sake of bringing legless citizens into the fold. Hmm, into the fold, fold, Foldy! ah, his lovely wife. Oh, so lovely. Does he hear something?

He got out of his daydream to notice Marker's puzzled face inquiring if he was there, with a good deal of fingersnapping as well. He pushed Marker aside and into the shotgun seat, said something about seatbelts and got the car on the road. Marker tried making small-talk about a couple billboards, but to his disappointment Stapy remained focused on the road.

A couple minutes later, they were unloading the groceries into the fridge when a bedroom door connected to the kitchen/dining/living room started opening. Stapy quickly grabbed the bouquet off the floor with one hand and hid it behind himself on that hand's side before doing a little jump, with which he presented the door his other side profile, after which he did his best to look casual.
Foldy slowly stepped out the bedroom, yawned and said: "Good Morning."

Marker answered: "Oh, hey Foldy! Me and Stapy went shopping."

"I'm glad you did, we were almost out of formula."

She gave them a quizzical look: "You made coffee?"

"We're just unloading the groceries, sorry for forgetting your coffee."

She gestured that she didn't want Marker to take this with as much guilt as she heard in his voice and said:"It's fine, I'll get it."
As she walked to a cupboard near the fridge, she became a little suspicius of how her husband was blankly standing nearby, presenting her only his side.

Her suspicion was vindicated when he surprised her by turning to face her, narrowly avoiding hitting her face with the bouquet. She hadn't been holding her breath, and so the next thing she smelled was the floral mixture before her. She recognised at least one of the scents, reminding her of a night in a field, looking at the stars. That'd actually been their first date, nearly 7 years ago.