(Snowbell,2/3, fluff) Making up/out

Continuation of previous chapter in the "trilogy"

Snowball woke up on the sofa, feeling quite hungover and smaller than he should have been. With a groan, he heaved himself up and slowly made his way to the kitchen, where he took a couple large scoops of snow out of a designated container in the freezer and applied them to himself the way a human would do with lotion.

Restored to his normal size and no longer feeling like a small weakling, he snuck around to the bedroom to see Bell still sleeping in bed. The alarm clock read 8:30 AM. Sneaking away, he went to the kitchen and prepared himself a breakfast of bacon and 5 dozen eggs.

One greasy, Gastonian breakfast later, he took a cold morning shower, cleaning himself off from breakfast in the process. Once he had dried himself, just as he was walking out of the bathroom, he was greeted with the sight of his bleary-, just-woken-up-eyed spouse swinging past the bathroom to the kitchen. Being not only tremendously surprised, but also hit with a pang of guilt at the sight of her, he made a quick step into her path and hugged her.

Let's not weigh ourselves down with thoughts of what would've happened had she not slowed down at the sudden sight of the obstacle, because she did, despite how much it had surprised her. It took her a second to switch from energency collision softening to realizing that she was being frontally hugged by her husband, but once she had understood the situation, she gladly accepted it, leaning deeper into Snowballs embrace. (This was achieved by means of moving the top point of attachment for her string forward).

After a couple seconds of the unexpected hug, Snowball just as suddenly kissed her on the side closest to his face and pulled away from the hug, yanking her upright and holding her in position so that she wouldn't just immediately fall towards him again. After the moment's surprise wore off from her, she quickly readjusted the top point of her string to let herself hang upright.

While Snowball's arm slowly glided down from Bell, no longer holding her up, he looked her in the eyes. She mostly seemed surprised and shaken by this event for now. Once his arm found itself once again on his own side, and after a half-second of awkwardly standing/hanging there, face to face, in silence, they both simultaneously regained their composures, which included both of them clearing their throats. Snowball said, with considerable guilt: "Sorry for yesterday."

Knowing just how prideful he usually was, Bell was rather moved by his sudden humility, and responded thusly: "Oh, it's fine, really." 

After a second or two more of awkward silence between them, Snowball broke the ice again, saying: "Anything I should help you with for breakfast?"

"Hmmm....... Yes."

"Ok."

Following her to the kitchen, he thought of something.
"What do you think of making something for breakfast that we can have for lunch as well?"

She groggily answered: "No, I don't think that'd be good. We'd have to reheat it for lunch that way, and I'd rather have lunch be fresh than reheated."

"Ok."

"Hmmmm, what to make, what to make?" she thought aloud, looking across the shelves half-asleep and waiting for inspiration to hit her. It didn't happen though, and she was left scanning and scanning without yield.

"I can just make you a sandwich if you want." Snowball offered.

"That'd be great, SB." she replied, lowering herself down into a chair by the table.

"Peebee enjay?" Snowball asked.

"Yep."

He slathered a couple slices of white bread with a thick layer of peanut butter before sticking them to some more slices that he'd put jelly on. She slightly zoned out during this period, since she was sitting still right after having woken up. She snapped out of her slump to see that Snowball had rather quickly brought one of the sandwiches before her closed mouth as he awaited it's opening. She slowly opened it, communicating through her expression that she didn't want her husband to stuff a sandwich in her maw just yet.

"I'd prefer a glass of water first." she said with slight embarrassment.
Snowball responded with a strained "OK.", got up and proceeded to get her a glass of water. With years of practice, he had become expert at estimating his wife's drinking speed and so he placed the cup to her lips at the best possible angle for her to drink it both comfortably and quickly.

After she had finished the cup, she sighed in contentment. "Thanks SB."

Had he not been going through this routine since their honeymoon, Snowball probably would have been rather frustrated at all the work that eating with his wife took, but by now he was thoroughly desensitized to all the minor inconveniences of the arrangement.

Breakfast resumed as usual, with Snowball essentially feeding Bell her meal. Near the last sandwich, Snowball remembered he was supposed to be rekindling their love, so he decided to take a small bite of her sandwich. She looked at him with perplexion before asking:"Why'd you do that?"

Ignoring the question, he offered her another bite, which she somewhat absentmindedly accepted, finishing the last sandwich.(He had been pinching the last bit of the sandwich in his fingers until she slightly leaned forwards to bite it, upon which he let go of the morsel, letting it drop down further into her closing mouth while his hand made it's retreat.)

"Ha ha." Snowball laughed mean-spiritedly, teasing her. "I gave you an indirect kiss."

She put up an offended face.
"You could've just kissed me normally, you know."

The pretend complaint was his cue to lunge onto Bell, throwing her off the chair with his momentum.

As she fell onto the hard tile floor, her ringing was relatively muted due to Snowball gripping onto her. It's not like she was going to care about the fall much anyway, since she was preoccupied with the passionate, if goofy, kiss she was having with her husband. Snowball tightly gripped onto her with all four limbs, causing the couple not to have any limbs on the ground except for Bell's slackened string. The obvious result was that gravity forced Bell to roll to her side. As her roll concluded with Snowball on the ground by her side, the couple lay on the hard floor, continuing the big smooch.

After 10 more romantic seconds, Snowball finally let go of Bell, letting the limbs he had under her(his left arm and left leg) fall to the ground, while he let his right arm glide down across Bell's side, carresing her cheek(well, she doesn't have a "real" anatomical cheek, but that area of her front/"face" relative to her mouth and eyes carries the same romatic connotations) before eventually settling in the small space in between them. Snowball looked Bell in the eyes with all the passion he could muster and whispered: "I love you."

That pushed Bell over her limit, and she started rolling around the floor while giggling with joy.
Snowball quickly got over his initial surprise at the gesture and  grabbed her. She continued giggling in his arms as he stood up and set her upright next to himself, holding her in place while she raised her string. She would've preffered to stay on the ground, but once he'd lifted her up she saw no advantage to abusing his trust by falling down again.

With both breakfast and this silliness now behind them, Snowball saw fit to arrange them a day of romance.

Consequently, the rest of the day was spent on going to the fair, having lunch at a foodstand, visiting a museum and finally taking a walk on the riverside.

###
A/N: This was written bit by bit throughout the past month.
You may look forward to the final, 3rd part of this to contain the second topic of this "book".