Chapter 9

"I made progress in my assignment."
Keefe turned in his seat, spinning around as he faced Tam who went over and sat down on the bed.
"What? I had no idea." Tam smiled at Keefe, leaning back on the bed.
"It's not as if I witnessed it!"

Keefe frowned.
"What's with you? You've been off ever since lunch." Keefe said, getting up from his chair and going over to sit down next to Tam.
"I just don't understand why you asked her out on a date in front of us." Tam stated, looking over to Keefe.
"I mean... it was ridiculous."
"Tam, my assignment is to get close to Sophie. And plus, everyone else would find out that we'd go on a date anyway, so why not just ask her out right there and then?" Keefe shrugged.

Tam stayed silent and Keefe gently elbowed Tam in the arm.
"How's your shoulder anyway?" Keefe asked.
Tam sighed, sitting up properly.
"I should probably check on it..." Tam said, unclasping his cape.
Keefe watched as Tam unclasped his cape.
"Undressing yourself in front of me again-?" Keefe began to tease.
"Shut up." Tam huffed, quickly pulling his shirt over his head and taking it off.

Tam set his shirt aside with his cape and Keefe rested his gaze on Tam's bandaged shoulder.
"You shouldn't gawk-" Tam began as he started to unbandage his shoulder.
"I'm not gawking!" Keefe exclaimed, cheeks turning red.
Tam looked at Keefe and noticed how Keefe began to blush. Tam grinned slightly.

"Wow, so to get you flustered, all I have to do is strip, huh?" Tam teased.
Keefe huffed and he looked away, crossing his arms and pouting like a child. Tam laughed and he sighed out softly.
"Don't be like that." Tam said.

Tam looked at his shoulder and he rubbed it with his hand.
"How's it looking?" Tam asked.
Keefe glanced at Tam's shoulder and he shuffled in his seat, facing Tam.
"Better." Keefe said, taking his own hand and tracing his fingers against the scratch marks.
"Do you want me to get Rayni to give you more elixir or-?"
"Nah, it's okay. Linh talked to Dex about my shoulder and he offered to make an elixir for it, so he should drop it off later on." Tam said.
"Thanks for the offer though."

Tam looked at Keefe and they held eye contact. They were both silent and Keefe swallowed as he studied Tam's face. Tam's nerves rised a little and Keefe felt it.

"D-do you want me to rebandage your shoulder? I should have some bandages somewhere here!" Keefe offered, backing away from Tam and getting up.
Keefe went over to one of his drawers and searched for some bandages.
"Uhm... yeah, thanks." Tam mumbled, looking at the ground as he fiddled with his hands.

Keefe found some bandages and he went over to the bed, sitting down next to Tam and shuffling to face the Shade. Tam shuffled in his seat to face Keefe. Keefe was hesitant but he began to bandage Tam's shoulder. Tam focused on Keefe, studying Keefe's face and how nervous the Empath seemed to be.

"You sure you'll be able to date Sophie?" Tam questioned.
"Cause... I mean, when you like someone, you really are obvious with it."
"If you're implying that I like you in a romantic sense, Song, then you're wrong." Keefe stated, tightening the bandaged around Tam's shoulder.
Tam winced slightly and Keefe looked up at Tam with a worried expression.
"I'm... fine." Tam mumbled.

"Seriously though, Sencen. If you don't like me, why are you so nervous around me?"
"Okay, if you don't like me, why were you so jealous earlier when I asked Sophie out, even though you know that none of that is genuine?" Keefe asked, raising an eyebrow.
Keefe looked at Tam and they caught each other's gazes again.
"... Touché." Tam said, tilting his head slightly at Keefe.
Keefe smiled and rolled his eyes.

Keefe finished bandaging up Tam's shoulder and he backed away.
"All good." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
Tam hummed and he grabbed his shirt.
"Thanks, Keefe." Tam said, slipping on his shirt.
Keefe watched Tam quietly as Tam got dressed again.