"The boy had beautiful parents, Princess. How could they let him suffer? Tu yeh sab maat soch. Cahl soja"

He helped her lay down and covered her properly with the blanket. He was about to turn off the lights when she reached for his hand again.

"Tell me she is not evil" She whispered. "Please big-b. She cannot be evil."

"A mother can never be evil, bacha" Vikky caressed her hair gently. "She can make mistakes, she can falter, she can even be selfish but a mother can never be evil. What ever she does she does it for a child. It is on the child to understand that."

"Did he understand big-b?"

"That is for another day. Now sleep. It's snowing again. You will have no school tomorrow. let's finish the story in the morning okay?"

Vibha bobbed her head. She was fighting sleep. She could already hear her twins snores. Vikky got up to turn off the lights and saw his mother adjust the heat in the room. He had not realized that it was getting cold. She took care of everything. They left the room together. She followed him to his room. As their family expanded their father had to get another floor constructed. The once three bedroom cottage now hosted four cozy bedroom. An entire floor was left at his disposal. A decent sized music studio was added for his convenience. He came back home for weekends but he had a good place to work.

His father wanted to get a bigger place, but his mother insisted on staying in the cottage. It was her comfort place. she wanted the twins to grow up where he grew up.

"When did you come back mumma?" Vikky settled on her lap as she sat down on the bed. She ran her fingers though his hair gently.

"Just now, What happened Vikky, why do you look so upset bacha?"

Vikky shook his head and smiled. He was fine. She did not buy the smile.

"Mumma se jhoot bolega?"

He turned around and buried his face into her warmth. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him to her chest.

"Kya ho gaya bacha? Tia ke saath jhagda ho gaya? Did you guys...."

He shook his head. He had no secrets from his mother. He fought a lot with his girl. They would have split apart if not for his mother. She helped them sit and talk though their differences. Both of them were young and successful in their own fields. His girl was a national badminton player. Their busy schedules did not give them time for each other and that was the reason for most of their fights. He had once selfishly asked her to give up her career. His mother and father sat them down and addressed the issue immediately. They made him realize that a girls career was equally important. He now understood that compromises were a part of every relationship. Their parents did not have it easy. And yet they held together. He was still learning.

"Just tired mumma"

His mother sighed and leaned against the bed frame. Even at 28 he snuggled to her shamelessly. he did that every time he felt sad. The twins often joked that he was the baby of their house but he did not care. he just needed his mom.

"Soja aab. Raat bhar baithke baatey karega to tired to hoga he na, bacha. And what story were you telling the kids that you all became so upset?"

Vikky shook his head. He did not wish to upset her.

"You know you can tell us anything bacha. If anything is troubling you talk to us Vikky. You know how Vivek is about secrets. You don't want to make him mad."

"No secrets mumma. It was just a story. And i am really tired." He closed his eyes and was out in seconds. Her presence soothed him alwyas. That night his dreams were filled with a beautiful angel who watched over him. When he woke up his mother was still there. She had drifted off to sleep in the uncomfortable position. He realized he had been holding on to her the whole night. He sighed and let go. She could have pulled away but she never left him alone when he felt low.