𝟷𝟸. 𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚢

[2 weeks later]

Waking up without his mate was a hard adjustment to get used to, but Jungkook knew it was only for some time.

His friendships needed remeding, and Jimin and Yoongi were his priorities. Besides, it was fun finally being able to tell his hyungs about his mate.

Yoongi was more quiet with his questions but Jimin wouldn't hold back.

"How did this happen?? Do you have an idea why??"

"How does he treat you?? Does he make sure you're eating?"

"Has he knotted you??"

Yoongi choked on the tea he was trying to consume a few feet away. " Jimin."

"What?? We have to know! I've heard stories from Cats that it hurts like hell —"

"How do those Cats know?!"

"I don't know, babe!! I just heard —"

"Hyung," Jungkook interrupted, flailing his hands around to stop their bickering. "Let me answer your question, alright?"

Jimin nodded but Yoongi still sighed. "Why are you even asking, love?"

"Because their form of mating is different from ours, Yoongi. I want to know if Jungkook is happy and being careful," Jimin expressed and Jungkook smiled at his friend's protective nature.

"Yes, hyung, I understand. And I will only say this once, yes, Taehyung and I have mated. When my heat happened, his rut corresponded to mine and...he has knotted me."

It was obvious Yoongi was very uncomfortable hearing all of this, but Jimin merely nodded with a bit of fascination twinkling in his eyes. "Interesting. Did you use protection?"

Now Jungkook paused his words, looking away. "We didn't. But I promise we were careful, it was just a spur of the moment thing —"

"Kookie, you know you can get pregnant, right?"

Jungkook shook his head. "It's harder for same-sex relationships to breed, you know this, that's why you haven't gotten pregnant yet."

Although Jimin blushed, he shook his head. "I don't know, Kook-ah. How many times did you mate?"

The younger gulped, claws digging into the fluffy blanket underneath him. "Um...I'd rather not say."

"And I think we don't have to hear that either, Jimin-ah." Yoongi warned but there was no malice in his tone.

"Sorry! I'm sorry, I know these questions are uncomfortable, Kookie." Jimin wilted a bit.

Jungkook frowned, leaning over to rest his head on Jimin's shoulder. "I really don't mind, Jiminie. I know you're just curious, and I'm happy to share. You have no idea how much I wanted to tell you guys about Taehyung."

"Does your mate...I mean, Taehyung, how does he act?" Jimin wondered, his voice for once not having any resentment in it when he mentioned Taehyung's name, even Yoongi turned in their direction.

Just thinking of his mate made Jungkook sigh, burying his head more into Jimin's shoulder with a dreamy look in his eyes. "It's like I met someone who gets me, I know that doesn't explain anything but it's like Taehyung can just understand me before I even explain myself. He's always feeding me, he hates when I'm left hungry or I don't take care of myself. It's very strong in their nature to protect and provide, and Taehyung does it so selflessly. I've never met someone who could care for someone like...me."

Jimin stared intently at his best friend who sighed deeply. "You guys know me...I'm not perfect, and there's nothing wrong with that. But you guys know how crazy, reckless and stubborn I can be. I-I never thought I would get a mate because of how unlovable I was."

"Kookie..."

"Don't worry, hyung, I don't believe that anymore but that's because of you two and Taehyung. I know our relationship is new and completely out of left field, but please understand, he loves me selflessly. He's never asked for more, a-and I really believe this was meant to happen."

Jimin smiled, a few tears slipping silently from his eyes as he caressed Jungkook's face. "You've grown so much, Jungkook...god, it was like yesterday when I found you shivering in that corner on that ship."

Jungkook laughed wetly, his mind flashing with old, fuzzy tainted memories. "I remember seeing you and thinking, 'what does this small cat want with me?'

"HEY, I wasn't that tiny!!" Jimin growled, smacking the younger's shoulder.

Yoongi held back his chuckle. "You were pretty small, my love."

"Yoongi!" Jimin whined and Jungkook laughed, throwing a thumbs up at his hyung.

"But what I remember the most," Jungkook settled down, his doe eyes squinting softly. "How happy I was when you and Yoongi immediately took me in and kept me with you. You guys didn't have to do that, a lot of Cat hybrids were abandoning their litters as they had no idea if we'd even survive another day."

"How could we leave the feisty kitten fighting to save his life?" Yoongi spoke up, standing up so he could join the cuddling party on the couch. "We knew you'd be worth it, because no matter how stubborn or broken you are, your life matters just as much."

Jungkook beamed, reaching over to hold hands with Yoongi. "Your words always cheer me up, hyung. I love you so much."

Yoongi grunted then muttered. "Love you too, kid."

Jimin giggled at their interaction, pinching Jungkook gently on his shoulder. "See, Kookie? Was it so hard to tell us about your mate? I feel so much better now that the air is cleared."

"I know, you're right. I promise, hyungs, I won't let anything get between us ever again. I love you both." Jungkook vowed, hugging both of them tightly. "You both saved my life, I wouldn't be here without you two."

Yoongi rolled his eyes playfully. "I'm sure you would've found us anyway, Kook-ah."

Jimin grinned. "We were destined to be best friends."

"We were," Jungkook preened before he was suddenly hit with a wave of exhaustion. "Goodness, *yawn* Now that we've talked, let's take a nap."

Jimin let out a huff. "Again, Kook-ah? You've been sleeping a lot these past few days."

"We're cats, Jimin hyung, we naturally sleep a lot." Jungkook retorted, snuggling into the blankets, already closing his eyes. "Besides, I'm still recovering from my heat."

"But your heat was two weeks ago —" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows but Jungkook had already fallen asleep.

Yoongi chuckled, laying down as well. "We should follow after him."

"It's a bit odd though, babe. He took four naps today, more than —"

Yoongi lightly smacked his mate with his tail before pulling Jimin down to his side, eyes closed and lips pushed into a pout. "Sleep, my love."

"Fine." Jimin grumbled, letting his mind shut off as he wrapped an arm around Yoongi's lean waist and nuzzling his nose near Jungkook's arm.

Just before slumber took over, Jimin noticed how Jungkook's scent changed. Not like before when he was scented by Taehyung because then Jungkook just smells like Taehyung.

This time his scent smelled like...roses and powder.

Baby powder.

Interesting.