𝟹. 𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕?

[3 days later, Jungkook's POV]

Something poked the side of my head, and it shook me out of my black daze, and I blinked rapidly, rubbing my eyes as I realized I was laying by the window where the afternoon sun was shining down on me, warming my body.

I purred faintly, about to snuggle back into the fuzzy blankets buried underneath me, but I remembered the poke and I turned my head to see Jimin peering over me with concerned eyes.

"Mwo? Why did you wake me?" I slurred out, my eyes failing to stay open fully.

Jimin puckered his lips and I awoke a little more seeing his concern. "You usually don't sleep so deeply in the afternoon."

I shrugged, ignoring how he noticed that. "I didn't sleep well last night."

"I know, I noticed. Is something bothering you? You never wake up early." Jimin claimed knowingly and I cursed mentally, it seems like my sudden off sleeping schedule didn't go unnoticed, damn it.

"I'm fine," I quickly reassured, not wanting to admit why I wasn't sleeping well because of the horrible nightmares I have everytime I fall asleep. "Just let me sleep some more."

"You'll sleep later," Jimin affirmed, pulling my arm strongly, causing me to fall onto the cold floor and I hissed. "Yoongi wants lunch, and I know you can't resist Susan's cafe. I'm craving their pancakes."

My mouth watered, that cafe had the most delicious pastries, milk and lunch deals, going was a treat we haven't done in awhile. However, my heart wanted to stay here, it ached and pleaded with me to meet my mate and I had to fight the urge to stop myself from sneaking out and running over to the forbidden land.

Yet, I can't let it control me. I have no idea how the hell I ended up with a dog as my mate and I needed to figure this shit out fast, I could tell the side effects of not meeting my mate was starting to get noticed by my friends.

So ignoring my achy body, I smiled and stood up, stretching my back slowly. "Alright, let's go."

Jimin grinned, his former suspicions disappearing once he saw my enthusiasm and skipped out of my room, calling out to Yoongi sweetly as he did. The second he stepped out, my smile fell and my heart ached, 'mate, want mate.' it kept repeating in my heart.

"I gotta figure things out first, heart." I murmured, thinking rationally for once as I quickly refreshed myself, smearing a tiny portion of gloss on my red lips and I grinned at the sight. Smoothing a crinkle on my thin blue sweater, I exited my room and walked into the living room where Yoongi and Jimin were softly kissing.

"C'mon suckers, I want a banana smoothie." I called out, slipping on my black slides just as Yoongi and Jimin walked behind me, a soft blush still ghosting on their cheeks. Once we locked the house, Jimin and I chatted about random things while Yoongi every once and while stopped us so we wouldn't get hit by a passing bike or motorcycle.

The walk to Susan's cafe was a familiar one and I tried to relax myself with the lovely breeze, huge white clouds floating through the sky and the bright chatter coming from the few bystanders walking or going to work. It worked and I completely forgot about my mate as we sat down inside the cafe, the atmosphere lively and cozy.

Fairylights lined the ceiling as the scent of coffee and bread swirled in the air and I breathed it in eagerly, my tongue licking my lips automatically. We decided to choose seats outside since it was such a nice day and our waiter soon came up; a good friend of ours actually, Irene.