𝟺. 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜

[The next afternoon, Author's POV]

"So, you really don't wanna go, Kookie?" Jimin questioned as he and Yoongi stood near the front door, dressed comfortably.

Jungkook nodded with a soft grin. "Yeah, I have a shift at the gym anyway I have to do. You guys go have fun at the movies and don't forget about that dinner!"

Yoongi frowned slightly. "Will you be okay with dinner yourself?"

"Jeez, you two are acting like I have never been home alone! I'll be fine," Jungkook laid on the couch, ruffling his blond hair. "You two go be lovely and mushy."

Jimin hesitated, yet shook it off, the younger was right, him and Yoongi could be really touchy and sometimes it annoyed unmated mates. Even though Jimin knew Jungkook didn't mind their affection, he was sure Jungkook didn't enjoy always bumping into them making out.

"Alright then, we're off then. Be careful here, there's dumplings in the freezer if you want some." Jimin informed, grabbing Yoongi's hand as they opened the door.

Jungkook blew a kiss in their direction, turning on the TV as well. "Love you, hyungs."

With one more glance, the couple left the house, murmuring softly to themselves. Jungkook watched TV for a while, his tail twitching by his side anxiously until he could conclude his hyungs were far away enough so they wouldn't be able to see him leave the house.

Giving it a few more minutes for good measure, Jungkook sprung up, his heart thumping out of rhythm as he exited the house, making sure he had an extra key. Taking a deep breath, Jungkook snuck around the village again, avoiding the movie theater his hyungs were going to, thankfully they had something to keep them busy today so Jungkook could visit his mate.

It was risky leaving in the day like this, not in his village of course as most cat hybrids slept, as dogs loved being outside, absorbing the sunlight and relishing in the adventures. Jungkook trusted his instincts and skills though, he was smarter than many and knew the Dog territory like the back of his hand.

With that new found confidence, Jungkook entered the forest, climbing onto the old bridge connecting their territories, his bare feet hitting the sturdy wood silently.

Jungkook scrunched his nose at the familiar musky scent of the dog hybrids, nothing unlike how wonderful Taehyung smelled. Maybe it was because Taehyung was his mate, but Jungkook begged to differ. He held his hiss back when he saw a dog hybrid walk on the sidewalk, headphones on their head and Jungkook was lucky they were distracted as he quickly hid behind a building after jumping from the bridge.

Now being hidden safely, Jungkook padded through the alleyways, only climbing rooftops once he got closer to Taehyung's building. Grunting, Jungkook pulled himself onto Taehyung's balcony, squealing when he turned around and saw Taehyung sitting on a yoga mat.

Taehyung grinned teasingly. "Had a feeling you were coming, did I scare you?"

"N-No..." Jungkook lied stubbornly, pouting his lips slightly and Taehyung eyed it briefly. "What are you even doing?"

"Yoga stretching, it's really good for your body. Wanna try?" Taehyung offered.

Jungkook shook his head. "Maybe another time," his stomach then rumbled audibly, making him flush out of embarrassment. He had been so eager for his hyungs to leave that he forgot to eat breakfast.