Chapter 1: The Rose-Red Tyrant, Act 14

"Next chapter, should be out in a few days" I thought. School: "Haha no-". Every week when I make a schedule and give time to continue this book, why must school thwart my plans?! Just WHY- I feel bad that I already left you all with multiple abrupt hiatus. QnQ

Update: With the recent new season of Black Butler and Book 7 (Diasomnia), I made an announcement that I will be fixing this story since the info I compiled were outdated and it made loopholes in my current storyline. So I will be fixing those. Which means that this will be the last chapter of this story BUT DO NOT WORRY, this just means that I will be making it better since I do not want to give anything less for my lovely and patient readers. 🥰 With that being said, I will still keep this book published until the new one comes out, I will even announce it on the next chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Heartslabyul, Rose Maze-

"You're really racking up those collars. Quite the impressive collection~", an unfamiliar voice chimes in as the duo is caught off guard. They look around the area and see a- floating head?! "BWAH?!", they yelp in sync as they abruptly stand up from the ground, looking at the strange individual with bewilderment while backing away.

"Ghosts don't usually show up incomplete... Right?", Deuce mutters a question as he stares at the unknown person? No, he seems to have a pair of purple cat ears. A beastman perhaps? "Oh dear, it seems I'm not all here", the male remarks as he looks down at well, nothing.

The rest of his body finally becomes visible as he wears a laidback smile at the duo "What? So you do have a body, then? Who are you?", Deuce keeps asking as his surprise is replaced with curiosity. Ace just looks at the individual from head to toe while crossing his arms.

"The name's Artemiy Artemiyevich Pinker. Am I a cat? Am I a purrrson? A mimsy borogove, perhaps? A mome rath with a knack for magic?", the cat beastman introduces as his approach is like talking in riddles. (▶: "Hah- pun intended")

"Uh, look, Ar... Arte... Run the name by me again?", Ace stammers on the name as he gets confused "Heh heh. People usually just call me Che'nya. Let's just say I'm not from the other side of the looking glass", Che'nya simplified as he adds another vague answer.

"What dorm are you from? Savanaclaw?", Deuce questions as he tilts his head a little at the beastman "Bzzzzzt! Incorrect. Try again~", Che'nya replies as he giggles at Deuce with a smug smile, which resulted in Deuce pondering again.

"Tch. After the insanity that teapot tyrant put me through and Sebastian nearly choking the air out of me, I'm not in the mood for whatever this is. Just leave me alone", Ace grumbles as he crosses his arms and is about to walk away.

"Riddle the teapot tyrant... Heh heh. Well, I can't dismiss that perspective as wrong. He's always been quite strict", Che'nya brings up as he laughs with a hint of amusement, reminiscing a bit of the past with a small smile.

Deuce catches this and raises a brow at the purple-haired beastman "Do you know something about him?", Deuce asks as Che'nya props his chin on his palm, looking at Deuce with a cryptic smile "Perhaps there are things that I know, and perhaps there are things that I don't", Che'nya responds. Another vague answer.

"Not... The answer we're looking for", Deuce said, a bit disappointed. Che'nya tilts his head in curiosity as he looks at the duo "Is there something you wish to know about Riddle?", Che'nya asks with an interested smile.

"Yeah, what created such a control freak?", Ace questions. Maybe they can get something out of this after all "I believe his four-eyed friend may have the answer", Che'nya replies, giving the duo a blatant hint.

"Four-eyed friend? You mean Trey?", Deuce catches on as Che'nya nods in confirmation "He's known Riddle since we were all little boys. If you want to know more about Riddle, I would begin my quest there", Che'nya replies as the duo held quite the shocked faces.

"They're childhood friends? I didn't really get that impression", Deuce mutters is he ponders on the information "If you're so perceptive, then what are you asking me for? Buh-bye!", Che'nya remarks as he starts to fade away.

Deuce and Ace try to stop him but the attempt is futile, Che'nya left the two in the garden while laughing and his voice starts to go away "Well, we're not going to be able to do much in the way of schoolwork with these collars on. So let's go see what Trey has to say, and then...", Deuce mentions disheartenly.

Ace interrupts Deuce with a scowl on his face "If you're gonna say "apologize to Riddle," you can forget it! We need to set up a little ambush...", Ace mutters the last bit as the duo leaves the garden to head to the main school.

~Fin~

*Really really sorry for the cut and short chapter, I'm in a rush of going to start the revisioned version 😫