Chapter 1: The Rose-Red Tyrant, Act 1

Story Guide:
"Hello" - Talking
'Hello' - Thinking, might mix with Memory dialogue
"Hello" - Memory dialogue
"Hello" - Whispering
▶: "Hello" - Author speaking
[Name]: "Hello" - Character speaking
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Ramshackle, Ciel's Room-

Midnight dawns upon the Phantomhive Manor, Ciel peacefully relaxing in his sleep. However, it was short-lived after hearing loud knocking "Who in the devil is up at this hour?", Ciel grumbled as he puts a pillow over his head 'Sebastian will deal with it', Ciel pondered as he goes back to sleep.

-Ramshackle, Sebastian's Quarters-

Sebastian was awakened by the sound of loud knocking coming from the foyer, a little annoyed that his rest was interrupted. Not wanting to wake his master, he quickly fixes himself and arrives at the foyer.

-Ramshackle, Foyer-

Sensing a familiar soul, he heaves a tired sigh as he opens the door "And what business do you have here Trappola?", Sebastian questioned as he was still in nightwear, he immediately notices the familiar red and black heart-shaped collar around the male's neck.

"How did you know it was me? Just, can I come in? I'm kinda in a pickle here and I can explain", Ace mumbled then asked the butler "It should be past your curfew and I assume it has something to do with that collar around your neck?", Sebastian queried as Ace nodded in affirmation.

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm, for good!", Ace stated in an angered tone, the butler raises a brow at the statement "And why is that?", Sebastian questioned as he let the male inside, already started to piece the hints on what may have transpired.

-Ramshackle, Lounge-

Sitting down on one of the couches, Ace looks around in awe at the pristine interior "Grim wasn't kidding when he said the dorm got a huge re-vamp... Man, I really wanna transfer now", Ace whined as Sebastian comes in with a tea set on tray and brews him a cup of herbal tea "I assume there was a dispute between you and your Housewarden?", Sebastian questioned as he took a seat parallel to the male.

"Yeah, it's because I ate a tart", Ace answered somewhat annoyed at the topic, he takes a sip from the tea to calm his nerves down "Pardon?", Sebastian uttered in confusion since he suspected an argument but the reason was unexpected, there wasn't anything wrong about eating a tart unless there was more to it.

"You heard me right, that's it! That's all I did! I was a little hungry, so I went down to the dorm kitchen and found some tarts in the fridge. Three big whole tarts!", Ace exclaimed as he begins to explain the context.

~Flashback~

-Heartslabyul, Kitchen-

"Man, I'm still tired from our little adventure. I missed dinner too, and now I'm starving! I guess I should check the fridge", Ace muttered as he goes to open the fridge "Whoa, score! Tarts! Those look amazing! And plenty to go around too, no one would notice if I snagged one teensy little slice, right? Right, of course not", Ace exclaimed as he cuts a small portion on one of the tarts.

"Mmph... Delicious! It's like I'm in pastry paradise right now!", Ace remarked in bliss as he munches on the dessert, unaware of the individual standing behind him "Of course they're good, Trey made them. His tarts are always exceptional", the Housewarden's voice chimed in with pride, quite out of place for his tone to be calm.

"Yeah, I mean... These are CRAZY good! Like, he could sell these at- wait, Housewarden?!", Ace agreed but later exclaimed in surprise and fear at the recognizable voice of the Heartslabyul Housewarden.