Chapter 38 Benefactor

Start from the beginning

"What a poor child." After hearing this, Madam Xie held her in her arms and said lovingly: "A-Miao, Aunt understands why you want to help her."

Speaking of which, Madam Xie's life experience is very similar to Cui Xijun. She and her brother, Xie Hean, were both born to the deceased first wife, Madam Yuan, and the new Madam Xie was their stepmother. Madam Xie and Xie Hean endured their stepmother's harsh treatment for many years. After going to Luocheng to serve as the county magistrate, Xie Hean finally brought his wife, daughter, and younger sister to Luocheng, and the family was reunited happily.

However, the good times did not last long. Two years later, Xie Hean and his wife died one after another. Madam Xie had no choice but to take little A-Miao back to the Xie Mansion in Pingjiang. But how could the new Madam Xie treat them sincerely? In those years, she and A-Miao had no elders to rely on, and they received countless cold looks in the Xie Mansion.

Because of this, when she married in the capital and her future was uncertain, she entrusted A-Miao to her maternal uncle's family, Meng Shao.

"Fortunately, your uncle and aunt are good people." Madam Xie sighed: "Otherwise, you would have suffered a lot if you stayed in the Xie family."

Good people?

Xie Miao lowered her eyes and said obediently: "Auntie is right."

The aunt and niece talked again, and before leaving, Xie Miao personally hung up the peace charm that she had requested for Madam Xie.

Peace, joy, success, and good health.

A good woman like her aunt deserves the best blessing in the world.

*

When Cui Xining heard that Xie Miao had returned home, she originally wanted to look for her the next day, but she didn't expect that Xie Miao came to the door first.

Cui Xining is the second daughter of the eldest house. She lives in a spacious courtyard and is surrounded by servants. At this time, night had fallen, and lanterns were hung along the corridor. The candlelight attracted flying insects and also illuminated Cui Xining's hurried footsteps.

She greeted the person standing in the courtyard, "A-Miao!"

Xie Miao turned around and looked at her, "I'm sorry to bother you, visiting so late at night."

Cui Xining smiled and said, "I was just worried about how to pass the time. You came just in time. Come on, let's go sit in the small hall."

The small hall is decorated in a light, quiet, exquisite, and comfortable manner.

The two of them sat around the table, with soft cushions spread under them and exquisite refreshments in front of them.

Cui Xining pushed the cake in front of her, "Try this lotus cake. It's sweet but not greasy. I like it very much recently."

Xie Miao used a jade chopstick to pick up the lotus cake and brought it to her mouth. She took a small bite and praised: "It's really good."

Cui Xining had just finished taking a bath. Her cheeks were still a little hot and flushed, "How was your stay at Qingxin Temple?"

"Buddhist Pure Land, I really like it."

Cui Xining pursed her lips and chuckled, jokingly: "You go and stay there from time to time. If I didn't know, I thought you were going to become a monk."

Xie Miao's eyebrows stretched, and she said with a hint of truth: "As long as my aunt agrees, I will shave off my hair and become a nun."

Cui Xining thought she was joking, covered her lips with a smile, and said, "I don't know if Second Aunt will agree, but I don't agree. If you leave, I will lose a lot of fun."