Chapter 38 Benefactor

Start from the beginning

At first, she thought that the Young Lady was just having a bad temper. After all, over the years, she could see clearly that the Young Lady did not have just a superficial infatuation with the Second Young Master. Rather, it is a happy and real joy that accumulated over time. It wasn't until this moment that she realized that the Young Lady had really given up.

Fu Lu wanted to ask: Why? But for some reason, she couldn't bear to ask this question. So she just walked quickly to her side, just like those dark and frightening nights four years ago, and put her arms around her from behind, comforting her silently.

Miss, don't be afraid, Fu Lu is with you and will always be with you.

*

Originally, she wanted to stay in Qingxin Temple until the full moon, but because of the red ginseng incident, Xie Miao was forced to return to Cui Mansion early.

She wrapped the red ginseng returned by Sun Shenyuan, presented another hundred taels of silver, and ordered Fu Lu to return it to Cui Muli.

Madam Xie went out to stay for a few days. Her face was rosy and she was in a good mood. She was seven months pregnant, standing in the main hall, instructing the servants to move the furniture.

"Madam, will all this be moved to the warehouse?" the housekeeper asked.

Madam Xie held her waist, nodded and said: "Yes, let's put in the new set of tables and chairs that Master got. Be careful when moving them, don't bump them."

The housekeeper lowered his head and went out, and happened to meet Xie Miao.

The housekeeper smiled quickly and said, "Miss Cousin, you are back."

Madam Xie's voice came from inside, "A-Miao is back? Come in quickly."

Xie Miao crossed the threshold and entered the hall. Seeing the servants busy inside, she asked curiously: "Aunt, what are you doing?"

Madam Xie waved her handkerchief and complained: "If it is not your uncle! He can't change his bad behaviour even if he goes out for fun. Why did he came back with a set of carved tables and chairs?"

Xie Miao knew that Cui Shishuo had a hobby of collecting sets of tables and chairs, so she just smiled without making any comments.

Madam Xie lightly hit her lower back, and Xie Miao supported her considerately, and the two of them walked to the side hall.

Madam Xie sat on the chair, slowly stroking her round belly. She said with half annoyance and half yearning: "It's only seven months old and it's so troublesome. I don't know how much trouble it will be after it comes out."

Xie Miao stood behind her and rubbed her shoulders, "The more trouble there is, the healthier my brother will be. Besides, uncle will help you discipline brother after he comes out, so you don't need to worry."

Madam Xie sighed, "Muli was taught by his grandfather since he was a child, and Xijun grew up by her grandmother's side. Speaking of which, your uncle has never raised a child seriously."

Xie Miao said: "It just so happens that my aunt has never taken care of a child, so she and my uncle are taking things step by step and making progress together."

Madam Xie took her hand and checked her wound. Seeing that there was only a light scar left on her palm, she said happily: "The recovery is good. Remember to continue applying medicine."

Xie Miao responded with a smile.

Unknowingly, it was dinner time. Xie Miao had dinner with Madam Xie, and during the chat, she casually talked about what happened at Qiaogu's house.