Chapter 7: The Choice is Yours

Start from the beginning

So, as of now, I have no real lead on who could be the potential leader of Class C. If I had to make an assumption based on what I have heard from Shiina, it is that whoever does become the leader will be the most violent of the four class leaders. 

Moving on to the upperclassmen, I decided to buy a digital interactive board, as they look fun to use, and I can do a lot of cool stuff to update how each of the twelve classes in this school update. With the digital board, I can also use the whiteboard to formulate short-term plans for this school. 

Now, there is only one issue with my desire to purchase a digital board: I only have 8,000 points left in my personal account. The cheapest digital board model costs around 125,000 points, with the premium reaching 450,000 points. Though, it's not like it's important to deal with the upperclassmen yet. The school's true nature hasn't even been revealed to my classmates, so there's no need to rush to begin watching over them at this moment. I'll have opportunities to do so once May 1st comes around.

For now, it's probably more important to find a way to resolve my lack of points before May 1st arrives, as I already know what awaits us on that day. 

I groaned as I hopped back onto my bed. I started to feel more cramps in my abdomen just thinking about the thought of gaining more points. However, I suddenly felt a vibration coming from my phone again. It was who I presume to be Class A's leader, Sakayanagi Arisu. 

[Sakayanagi 🍭] [7:34:21 AM] [Good morning, I hope you haven't forgotten about today, I presume?]

[7:34:55 AM] [Of course not! What type of person do you think I am?!  (•̀⤙•́ )]

[Sakayanagi 🍭] [7:35:22 AM] [What made you think that way? Of course, I wouldn't think you would forget our arrangement today. In fact, I really can't wait to meet you today.]

[7:36:53 AM] [Yeah, we're meeting at lunch, correct?]

[Sakayanagi 🍭] [7:38:32 AM] [Come to the library during lunch, and we'll talk there.]

[7:39:12 AM] [Got it, Got it! " ( – ⌓ – )]

After our brief chat, I went to my desk and grabbed two pieces of paper. One included a detailed list of all the camera locations I had tracked across this massive campus over the past week and a half. It wasn't fully detailed, but it should be decent enough to satisfy her request. 

Though I'm relieved that her request to gather information was a simple one like spotting cameras, I've been meaning to do it as well, but I kept putting it off until she requested me.

The other paper I grabbed was the love letter I received a while back, telling me to meet outside the special building at 4 pm today. Coincidentally, at the same time, I also have to go to the repair shop today at 4 pm to replace my current burner phone with my newly repaired phone. I got the contact information from the guy from Ayanokoji that evening of the picnic, so maybe I could message him to see if I could move the time a bit later. 

For now, I started making my final preparations for school. I prepared a bag with three bentos: one for myself, one for Hirata, and lastly one for Ayanokoji. Though this will be the last time I make Ayanokoji one for a while, since I am Hirata's girlfriend, I decided it's probably best to stop now, as it might not be best for my image if I continue giving him these bentos. 

Girlfriend, huh? I wonder if I can be a good girlfriend to Hirata despite not being an actual couple. I don't even have memories of the person I once was; instead, I see myself as a tragic boy stuck in this wretched body. So regardless of who I am, Airi or Kokichi, I want to treat Hirata well despite everything I have planned for him. 

♚♘◼◻◼◻-LIARS-◼◻◼◻♞♔