chapter 21

sunday

you had to work today but luckily it was a morning shift so you were off before the evening shift started. when you got off, you went home and did the usual but jeans wasn't home so you were confused. but since he was a grown man and didn't need his lil sister tracking him, you didn't bother to text him or anything. but after a while, he came home. you left your room to greet him but he came home laughing it up with a girl. you didn't think he brought girls home that often.

"y/n! off early?"

"i worked this morning."

"cool, this is my friend makayla. kayla this is y/n, step-sis." you knew makayla was tall not just because you looked up to her but because she was only shoulder height to jean and jean was 6'3. she also had these long, smooth and shaven legs that only models would really have and her face mirrored that of a random girl you knew you've seen off pinterest one time. she was definitely out of jean's league but they talked to each other as if they been friends so you stopped questioning things.

"i remember her back when you stayed in (insert random neighborhood here). she was always so quiet."

"yeah, still is."

"it was nice meeting you again, y/n!" makayla smiled cheerfully and the memories came floating back to you. makayla was the girl that jean had a major crush on back in high school and throughout his college years but out of nowhere he just stopped mentioning her and you hadn't seen her up until now.

you went back to your room and connie had texted you, asking if you still wanted to go out.

after texting him, you realized that you had some time before he'd come so you went out to grab some food and came back to tia calling.

"heyy~oh what you eating?"

"chipotle. you okay?"

"uhh yeah, just wanted to call my favorite person." you raised a brow.

"i'm your favorite person?"

"yes ma'am, why? you don't believe me?"

"no because you let some random ass man get you pregnant instead of me." you pouted in a joking manner.

tia rolled her eyes. "i'm sorry bae..."

"whatever. anyways, i think jean got a girlfriend."

"aww cuteee~how you know? what happened?" you talked to about him bringing kayla home and introducing her to you. you thought it was weird that he kinda introduced her out of nowhere but it didn't consume much of your mind at all.

"ohh she sound like a fellow sister, is she?" you nodded. "guess it runs in the family."

you giggled. "stop that. she's tall too."

"everyone is tall to you."

"shut up. it was just weird that she kinda came out of nowhere. i remember him having a crush on her a while back but i guess they just stopped talking and now they back talking again."

tia hummed. "you ask him?"

"nah. none of my business."

"okay but he was all up in you and connie's
business—"

"we don't have business. we not in a relationship." tia shrugged.

"so? you don't have to be in a relationship to have business, especially when you already said you loved him n stuff."

"you would know about that, wouldn't you?"

tia laughed, catching on to your joke. "you got jokes, huh?"