chapter 3

this connie dude barely knew you and was acting weird. but weirdly enough, you were beginning to constantly think about him. whenever you were working, your daydreaming would be interrupted by thoughts of him and you didn't even know basic information about him. maybe you would build the courage to attempt to get that information and maybe it would stop his hostility towards you. maybe.

"y/n." your thoughts were interrupted by your brother trying to get your attention over facetime for the umptenth time.

"hm?"

"you didn't hear me calling you?"

"no, i was.."

"zoning out. you do that a lot now, wanna tell me why?~" if you told jean, you were sure he'd ask tons of questions that you didn't know the answer to.

"no."

"and why not? you used to tell me everything but now you're so secretive. i know you're older now but you can still talk to me."

"i'm fine, i promise." you smiled to give jean some reassurance.

"whatever you say. anyways, connie is coming over later today, is that okay with you?"

"does he have to come over everyday? don't you have other friends?"

"yeah but i like him more. why? you don't want him around or something?" its not that you didn't want him around, you were just starting to feel things that you didn't want to feel so you just wanted to avoid them.

"he's cool, i guess." you didn't know him enough to think that he was cool. you just though he was mean now, atleast to you.

"are you sure? because i'll set him straight if he's acting weird–"

"no its cool, he's cool."

connie did come over later on that day and you were glad jean told you beforehand so you can stay in your room until he left. but your mission to avoid him didn't stop him from finding a way to bother you still.

you were vibing out in your room listening to music while doing work for online classes when your door opened, you thought it was just jean so you didn't stop doing what you were doing until you realized it was connie's head peeking through the cracked door instead.

"um," you grabbed your roku remote and paused your music. "can you leave?"

"oh i thought this was the bathroom, my bad." he smirked. you know connie has been there enough to know where the bathroom was.

"well, it's not so can you leave me alone?" he ignored you and came all the way inside your room, closing the door shut behind him.

"whatcha doin?" he walked over to you and looked at what your laptop. you slid over away from him and he sat in the space on your bed.

"i'm not in the mood for you today, leave me alone connie."

"i wanna apologize." you ears perked up and you looked up at him to make sure he was legit about what he wanted to say.

"really?"

"yeah, i'm sorry for being an ass. i don't know why i thought it was okay to treat you like that especially when we literally just met." he laughed. you were quiet for a minute before you responded.

"do you treat every new person you meet like that?"

"probably. but it ends with you. i'm sorry, y/n."

"did my brother make you apologize?"

"did you tell him anything?" you shook your head. "then no. i'm a grown man, i know how to hold myself accountable."

"sure." you mumbled and rolled your eyes as connie got up and left.

when connie left your room, jean saw that and had questions.

"what the fuck con."

"i was looking for the bathroom."

"i'm not stupid. why were you in y/n's room?"

"i had to talk to her about something. get off my dick johnny boy." connie plopped onto the couch and pulled out his lighter and a blunt he had in his pocket.

"you better not be doing no funny shit with my sister man. she's a baby."

"i thought you said she was 18." jean mentally face-palmed.

"she is. she's a baby, and i don't need you trying to dog her out like you do your other hoes."

"you didn't even need to say all that. it's not like we fucking or anything, we literally just met."

"that's never stopped you." connie may have thought jean was playing with him but he was serious. one thing jean didn't play about was you so he wanted to make sure nothing happened to you especially at the hands of his promiscuous best friend.

"you're overreacting."

"that's my sister—"

"i got it."

when connie left, jean went to your room to talk to you about why connie came to your room and to see if he was really overreacting.

"hey~" jean entered your room

"wassup." you were done with your work and was watching a movie.

"why was connie leaving your room earlier?"

"he wanted to talk."

jean crossed his arms. "about?"

"he wanted to apologize for being an ass."

"you didn't tell me that—"

"because you'd overreact and do the whole overprotective brother thing. i'm not a child, y'know."

"i know. but i just want to make sure you're okay at all times."

"i'm okay, jean."

"are you sure?" you were silent and all you gave him was a look, which told him to stop talking and leave. although you and connie both agreed to dead the issue, jean still felt in his gut that something more was going on. if it hasn't happened yet, he knew it would happen soon and that scared him.