chapter 17

after work and everything, you go back home to see jean on his laptop with his glasses like somebody's dad.

"hey~how was work?" he closed his laptop and took off his glasses, indicating that he was gonna have a full conversation with you.

"great actually, how was work for you?"

"pretty good, not complaining. you seem happy, what happened?" jean knew how aloof you were and work was not the source of this sudden emotion.

"nothing. just in a good mood."

"how was connie's?" you paused but you knew he'd eventually ask.

"good. we played the game and watched movies n stuff." jean nodded. "you sure you didn't—"

"jean no. i didn't fuck connie."

"see why you have to say it like that?"

"because that's what you were gonna ask. if i did, why you worried?"

"connie is a hoe, y/n. i don't want him to get what he wants out of you then dip, you're not that type of girl." you knew that all men wanted sex whenever they could get it but connie hadn't seemed too eager to fuck you and was very respectful in how he handled you.

"i know, which is why you should trust me."

"it's not you i'm worried about."

the week had passed and the weekend had arrived. it was friday and you had just came back home from work. once you had done all your hygiene stuff and ate some food jean left in the fridge for you, you went in your room to finish your online class assignments and watch some hair videos. jean wasn't home at the moment so you assumed he was out.

you were watching a cornrow video when you got a message from a random number. you assumed it was just spam but something told you to open it so you did. you regretted it immediately when you were sent a sex tape and the message under it was laughing emojis, "i told you he was sneaky." you immediately knew it was zina who sent you the video and it was connie in it. you were upset but you knew he was too good to be true anyway. but despite you trying to suppress showing how you felt, tears rolled down your cheeks and they didn't stop. you hadn't even realized you were crying for that long until jean walked into your room to check on you and saw you.

"hey, what—what happened?" jean immediately sat with you on your bed and pulled you into his arms. "what happened?" you shook your head. "no," he tilted your head up so you two were eye to eye. "tell me." he knew you were quick to hide your feelings.

"niggas ain't shit." you threw your phone into the beanbag chair. jean assumed that connie fucked up just like he predicted but it was sooner than he thought. seeing you cry when he knew you weren't a big crier especially over another man boiled jean's blood hot but he wanted to keep his stuff together. jean picked up your phone to see that messages were opened still so he got to see the sex tape.

"who sent you this?"

"zina's bitch ass." jean hummed and it was just as hard for him to keep his composure as it was for you. the loss of what you thought was a good thing had turned into feelings of anger and regret. you thought he loved you like he said and you knew you were right in not believing him.

"call him." you looked up at jean in confusion. "call him and tell him to come here."

"why?"

"so he can explain himself after i beat his ass." you did as told and called connie and asked him to come, pretending that everything was cool.

connie got there and jean was more than happy to open the door but you stopped him and opened the door and let him in.

"wassup—whoa what happened?" connie looked genuinely confused when the door was opened to your tear-streaked face and bloodshot eyes. seeing you like that even if he didn't know the reasoning broke his heart.