chapter 7

"y/n~i need to talk to you."

"you always need to talk to me. talk to your other friends."

"don't get smart with me. i just wanted to remind you about the business trip i'm going on. i leave next wednesday." jean worked with a company that providing them with relaxing trips out of the country twice a year because they know how taxing the job can be.

"where you going this time?"

"it's actually a cruise, going to the bahamas. i'll be gone for two weeks tho, much longer than last time."

"two weeks??" that caught your attention. you were used to jean and his trips but you've never been left alone for two weeks.

"i figured you don't need a babysitter because you're 18 but some people will swing by to check on you."

"you tell—"

"yes i told mom and dad. they'll come check on you and if you get scared just stay over there."

"anything else i need to know?"

"nope, think that's all. love you!" jean closed the door behind him. although it was only tuesday and he had about a week to prepare, it shouldn't worry him about leaving you. he knew that you were a good kid, you don't cause trouble , and you're practically already independent apart from you living with him. so he didn't know why he was feeling weird about all of this.

later on that day, you called tia to have your daily conversation and some interesting things were brought up.

"you said he said what now?"

"just reposting tweets n shit and relationships, talkin bout some 'i'll take my old bitch over a new bitch any day'" the dude in question was your ex you dated for two years until he cheated. he was your first and last boyfriend and luckily you hadn't lost your virginity to him or else you'd be going mad even now.

"a weirdo for real. remind me why you follow him again?"

she shrugged. "to be nosy. give us something to talk about."

"valid."

"your brother still going on the trip thingy?"

"yeah, why?"

"just asking. don't he always go around the same time?"

"yeah but i didn't think you were paying attention. he's gonna be gone for two weeks this time."

"two weeks?? oh you'll be dead before he gets back."

"don't say that! i can handle myself fine for two weeks."

"you don't even sound like you believe yourself. but look at the bright side," you rolled your eyes as you already knew what would come next. "connie can come over without any interruptions and he'll stay and keep you company, and then~" tia started clapping her hands and moaning.

you laughed. "i fucking hate you. i don't even think about him like that, he 22."

"so? older dick be the best dick."

"i'm gonna hang up on you."

"it's okay if you wanna hang up on me to call your man."

"i don't have a man."

"sure.."

next wednesday rolled around quicker than you thought and it didn't seem real to you up until you saw your brother all packed up in suit and tie.

"why you dressed up? i thought you were going on the trip to relax."

"there's a meeting right before we board the plane." you nodded as you watched your brother put on his dress shoes. "are you sure you'll be okay? you'll call or text if you need anything right?"

"yes, i'll be okay. just have fun."

"i already called everyone to let them know so some one would be there everyday to check on you. and don't throw any parties or anything while i'm gone."

"i'll try not to." you joked. but he knew you weren't like that. the most you'd probably do is have tia sleep over or something and just the two of you do stupid shit in the comfort of your own home.

"well," he started as you helped him load the last of his things in his car. "i love you, i'll be back in two weeks. i'll call and text everyday, just don't die on me." he laughed while he pulled you into a tight embrace

"i won't die, promise."

after the both of you struggled to let go, you bid him a formal farewell as you watched him back out the parking lot, "love you too, be safe!"

after all that, it was weird having the place to yourself but you'd just operate how you would normally do. the only difference was that jean wasn't present and you had to get used to that. but as he said, over the two weeks, people came to check on you every day.

you had visits from your older stepbrother elliot and his girlfriend, your mom, your stepdad, and even your biological dad who really just started speaking to you after your mom remarried. but family wasn't the only people who were there for you. you had visits from sasha who you'd hang out with from time to time, and sleepovers with your friend tia. but one person you really should've saw coming was connie. but you didn't know how you felt just yet.

"y/n~" you heard connie call out to you from your room but he stopped in the doorway when he made it. "your brother told me to—"

"check up on me?"

"yeah, but.. a little more than that."

"what?"

"he gave me a key, see?" he held it up proudly but you were shocked and maybe a bit upset.

"when did he give you a key? and why?" connie walked into your room and sat at the chair by your desk.

"he wants me to check on you
everyday—"

"people do that already."

"yeah but he wants me to check on you everyday.. for multiple times a day."

"so i don't have a choice.. but to see you everyday?"

"multiple times a day, yes." he smiles. "but that makes it easier for us to get to know each other."

"don't you have things to do? like work or..?"

"yeah but i'll just come here after." you rolled your eyes. although jean suspected that connie was trying something with you, he still trusted connie to keep you safe if anything else.

"whatever." you went back to whatever you were doing.

"right," connie stood up to walk out the room. "and imma need your number or something."

"to track me?"

"no, just to keep in contact with you. weirdo." he laughed. you were the weirdo? you ended up putting your number in his phone and he put his number in yours. "i turned locations on by the way. i'll be back, bye!" he left before you could even get on him about it.