chapter 6

after that night, you started to think about your brother's best friend a lot more than you were. you didn't know if it was because he almost kissed you or if it was because of him being around all the time. but little did you know, he was also thinking about you at an alarming rate as well.

you came back from work that afternoon to jean, connie, and another dude conversing on the couch. you spoke and greeted everyone like you were raised before going to your room. you changed out of your clothes and took a shower before putting on some lounge clothes.

"yeah, like he's okay i just don't know why he keep talking to me." you and your friend, tia were talking about what happened that night because she asked if you actually went to the party.

"he literally almost kissed you yesterday and you don't know why he's talking to you. he wanna fuck girl!" you were surprised you didn't think of that sooner and it made a lot more sense than believing that he just wanted to be your friend.

"i can believe that."

"but isn't he jean's friend?"

"yeah, which is why he can't entertain me too much. jean will kill him." before your friend could respond, there was a knock at your door

"who that?"

"i don't know. but imma call you back, probably just jean." you hung up and open the door to see connie instead.

"hey."

"hey.. can i help you?"

"i wanna talk to you about friday." connie invited himself in and closed the door behind him.

"why.. what happened friday?"

"don't play dumb, y/n. you don't remember?" you remembered, you just wanted to forget.

"okay, i remember. but why do you? i'm sure you just got what you needed from someone else after that." you had to admit, you were a little hurt to think that connie was just being nice to you because he wanted to get in your pants, but isn't that what most guys do?

"what you mean?"

"i don't wanna be a fuck buddy, connie—"

"whoa, where did you get that from?"

"you don't just wanna talk to girls because you wanna be their friend. i'm sure you only want one thing and i can't give that to you." connie sat on the bed and tried to hold your hand but you snatched it.

"wait hold on— you don't believe that i genuinely wanna get to know you? just because?"

"no."

"what do i gotta do?"

"what?" you turned to him.

"to prove that i'm not lying. to prove that i wanna know more about you." you liked this small gesture but you still didn't know how serious he was.

you sighed and got up from your bed to lead him towards the door.

"ask my brother. he'll tell you anything you wanna know—"

"but i wanna know it from you. everything." you never cared about how expressive his eyes were but all of a sudden they were the most interesting in the world and it was getting difficult to not give in. but you ended up doing it anyway. bad decision number two, and you wondered how many you'd make from now on.

"okay. but nothing else."

"what if there is something else?"

"like?"

"if you fall in love." and there you were, already regretting everything you said.

"if i fall in love? you should make sure you don't fall in love, sir."

"oh i already—" connie was cut off by the sound of jean calling his name.

"bitch ass.. i'll see you later tho." you nodded before closing the door.

secreto de amor .जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें