chapter 2

when you came back, it was late so you assumed jean was asleep and connie had left since you knew jean had work in the morning. but you were proved wrong when you saw connie on the couch.

you didn't know if he was asleep, but the tv was still on. you tried to sneak past him so he wouldn't notice but he had heard you so he sat up.

"were you really gonna try to sneak past me?" you paused.

"yeah. i thought you were sleep.. or gone." he got up and started to stretch and yawn.

"nah, your brother didn't want me driving in the dark.. or high. and plus you took his car so.." he laughed a bit.

"but don't you know how to drive?"

"hell yeah i know how to drive. the fuck you getting smart for?" by this time, connie had made his way around the couch and was walking towards you. you didn't know connie like that so you had to admit you were a bit worried.

"don't cuss at me. i don't know you." connie raised his hands and backed away from you.

"my bad. it's a habit."

"to be aggressive with girls you don't know?"

"especially if they're pretty." he smiled but you were trying not to, no matter how cute you thought he was.

"goodnight, connie." you emphasized his name before heading down the hall to your room.

when you woke up later that morning, you missed jean going to work. normally you're up when he goes just to see him off but you woke up later than usual. you head to the kitchen and you see connie.. again.

"goodmorning~ you thought i was gone, didn't you?" he turned to you smiling like he was only doing it just to piss you off. "don't worry, your brother knows i'm still here."

"when are you leaving?" you hadn't moved from your spot.

"after i eat this sandwich, why? why you tryna get rid of me so fast?" it was only because you were used to jean being the only man in the house and he was family so you felt safe. connie was not family so you didn't feel that safe, no matter how much you knew your brother trusted him.

"like i said, i don't know you like that."

"why don't you wanna get to know me? i'm not that bad." maybe he wasn't but you didn't think you cared enough.

connie was eating the sandwich as slowly as he could so he wouldn't have to leave so fast. the more you pushed him away, the more intriguing he found you to be and wanted to be around you more. and what you were wearing made the situation no better.

you had on a tank top with shorts that were a bit high only because you got hot very easily at night. but you thought he'd be gone by the time you got up so you didn't change.

"sorry."

"for what?" connie's eyes couldn't help but wander around your figure and you observed that. your hands tugged at the hem of your shorts a bit but connie started smiling and you don't know how that makes you feel.

"i don't know."

"don't tell me you one of those bitches who apologize for no reason."

"i'm not a bitch. i don't appreciate you calling me that." connie laughed in your face and you were strongly offended. as much as you wanted to do something about it, your body froze and nothing happened.

"you just gonna let me talk to you like that?" you didn't respond and ignored connie as you moved around him to get some chips from the pantry. you didn't like to admit it but that was the golden question all your life, you really gonna let them talk to you like that? its not like you wanted to, your body and mouth refused to speak up and you got used to brushing everything off. but having a brother like jean helped you out a lot.

connie watched you disappear down the hall to your room. he felt bad for messing with you so bad but it was amusing to him and it also gave him more insight on the type of person you were without opting for the boring small talk. he hoped that you would open up one day, but he wasn't sure if that would ever happen. he knew you were capable of speaking your truth, he just hoped that you would finally have the courage to do it.