chapter 20

saturday night

instead of pulling up to an apartment, you pulled up to a house well away from the city. it wasn't necessarily the country because it was surrounded by other houses but it's a while away from food places or anything. once you walked with connie to the door, his mom opened it and welcomed us inside. she was absolutely beautiful. she had smooth brown skin and mesmerizing hazel eyes but connie didn't look all that much like her.

"mommy~" connie pulled her into a hug, squeezing her tight.

"move constance," she pushed him off her and turned to me. "¿esta es tu lil novia?" he nodded.

"ehh algo así. es guapa, ¿no?" his mom looked at you and smiled, nodding. you barely understood anything and the only thing you did understand was the word pretty.

"y/n, how are you?" she pulled you into a warm hug and you could tell she radiated a strong maternal energy.

"i'm really good, thank you miss..."

"call me valerie—"

"ma you know she's not gon do that. she's too polite." valerie nodded before leading you to the couch and started talking to you, asking you questions and answering questions you might've had. connie went to the twin's room but he only saw sunny, laying down on her phone. connie thought she couldn't see him come in so he tried to scare her but she was unamused.

"did you really just try to scare me?"

"y/n's here." sunny looked at connie with surprise.

"your lil girlfriend?" connie gently shoved sunny.

"she not my girlfriend...yet." sunny sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"bitch ass nigga—"

"whoa...no need for all the cussin."

"why she not your girlfriend yet?"

"i wanna ask her in a nice way. but you wouldn't know nothing about that."

sunny looked offended. "what's that supposed to mean?"

"mommy told me. everything. just stay protected at all ti—" before he could finish, sunny threw a pillow at his head with so much force, it knocked him off. "ow." sunny got up and walked into the living room to see you talking with valerie.

"and this is solana. sol say hello to connie's girlfriend." you stood up to formally introduce yourself but didn't expect sunny to be taller than you.

"aww she's wittle." sunny laughed.

"recórtalo. cut it out, sunny. don't feel bad, her dad's side of the family is tall."

"nice to meet you tho, you're pretty."

"thank you!" you smiled. solana was tall and nearly connie's height. she looked almost exactly like valerie, with her brown skin and coily hair and since solana had a twin, you assumed martin looked the same.

"where's martin?" connie came into the living room.

"he went to the store, said he'd be right back—"

"you let him drive your car?" connie looked panicked but valerie looked unfazed and trusted her son, since he got his license when they moved down here. "you know he's gonna—"

"shh, connie. he's not a baby anymore, and he got his license so it's okay." connie rolled his eyes. ever since the twins came along, valerie had become more lenient as a parent but it was typical when it came to older versus younger siblings in a family.