IT WAS MY FIRST TOO

Start from the beginning

"Aaron." I neared him so that it was just us hearing me. "It wasn't him who hurt you, right?"

Before he could even open his mouth, Kevin dragged him after sending me a death glare. 

And they left, leaving me and just him...awkward with the unspoken words hanging in the air...

OKAY VERA. YOU CAN DO THIS.

I just needed to check up on him and leave right? I clenched my fists and neared the threshold. But before I could take a single step, a hand clamped on my shoulder. Firm.

"So you were here," his words dripped in coldness. "And I thought you were starving?" 

I could not respond Dave. My eyes were glued to Tristan's face that was etched with hurt and maybe a speck of.....jealousy?

I don't know why

I don't know why.....but my chest tightened seeing how hurtful he looked. Being satisfied like Dave said was a far cry.

"Whoa there," Dave whispered, his voice laced with a hint of amusement.  And this time, his chuckle made me turn to him. "Looks like your knight needs rescuing." 

"He's not my knight, Dave." 

"Exactly," Dave said, a smug smile spreading across his face. "If you got that right, stop standing where you don't belong." 

In the next moment, I was moving away, not on my own accord; but because he intertwined our hands together and was almost dragging me from the room. 

A part of me longed to be there, to offer comfort the way I used to. But I knew boundaries had been drawn, and this wasn't my place anymore.

Tristan had seen me wanting to come to him. Did a part of him want me there too? 

"Dave. My hand-"

He was still holding me making me remind him.

"Why," he stopped and turned facing me, his voice dripping with a mockery I hadn't noticed before.

"Are you afraid he might see our locked hands?" 

The silence was too loud. It was suffocating me... to the extent that I wanted Dave out of my sight.

"I have heard you're hopeless, but I had no idea it was this grave." He blurted out without any emotions and I could just scoff in disbelief.

I bristled, "Hopeless? You've got to be kidding me right now."

"You've had the balls to face me after you shoved your face onto mine that day! Worse, you have not the slightest care stealing it while I just.." I trailed off, pain choking me and my throat altogether. 

"Will you still say I'm the hopeless one here?"

His usually jovial eyes turned cold and empty, as though drained out of all the light. 

The silence stretched, heavy and suffocating. He looked down avoiding my gaze. Just a stoic mask that offered no clues to what was going on behind his eyes.

His head then snapped up, his gaze locking onto mine. The intensity of it stole my breath. Maybe it meant something, maybe he was drown in guilt. 

But then, the moment passed. He looked away, a muscle in his jaw clenching for a brief second.

He turned and walked away, leaving my burst outs echoing in the hallway. So he was a nutjob after all.. A nutjob afraid of acknowledging the kiss he tainted so apathetically.

He wasn't gone too far when he suddenly stopped on his tracks, turning sideways.

"Don't expect me to say sorry." 

WHAT ON EARTH-

"You're unbelievable..."  I echoed, frustration and aversion bubbling up inside me.

But what he uttered next, made me rethink my words, sending a shiver through me I hadn't experienced in ages..

"BECAUSE IT WAS MY FIRST TOO..."

----------------------------------------------------

A/N:

This much for today. Don't mind, lol. I'm sleepy~

don't forget to say what you feel! you're appreciated here.

till then,

love,

juyeonie<3