Chapter 12.

~*~

Once inside, I'm even more shocked to find that the entrance leads directly into an underground bunker. It looks like someone from a century ago was preparing for the world to end, except it doesn't look like they made here.

I'm also not sure how Finn knows of its existence, and he's not exactly in a sharing mood right now for me to ask.

We tie the Grounder's hands together and set him kneeling on the floor, then Bellamy slaps him a few times to get him to wake up.

Then, the endless questioning begins.

"We're gonna do this again." Bellamy prowls towards the Grounder. "And this time, you're gonna stop screwing with us. Where did you find this?" He holds out Clarke's watch, but the Grounder doesn't even look at it.

"I told you." He says, fresh blood trickling down his face. "I found it outside your camp."

"He's lying." Finn seethes. "She would never take it off voluntarily." He takes the watch from Bellamy.

"I know," Bell says quietly.

I dig at the dried dirt, blood, and God knows what else stuck underneath my fingernails, anxiety rippling through me at the thought of what our friends are enduring. We're all feeling it, and showing it in our different ways.

Finn bends down to be eye-level with the Grounder. "Where is the girl who was wearing this watch?"

Grounder looks him in the eye and says, "I never saw a girl."

"Another lie." Murphy says from beside me; where we sit at the back of the room. "I mean, maybe you should stop asking him nicely."

"Shut up, Murphy." Bellamy tells him. "Where are our friends? You took them, we know you did. Just tell us where!"

"Murphy's right." Finn takes something out of his back pocket. "We're wasting time."
He hits the Grounder over the head with the butt of his handgun, then starts yelling, "Answer the question!"

I'm on my feet instantly, but Bellamy has already grabbed Finn and starts holding him back.

"Where's the girl who was wearing this watch?!"

"Hey! Finn—Finn stop!"

Finn's eyes are murderous as he watches the Grounder. I monitor him as I step closer.

"You don't wanna do this, trust me." Bellamy tells him. "There are some lines you can't uncross."

I fold my arms across my chest and silently agree with Bellamy. He tortured the crap out of Lincoln, so he would know. I do too.

Finn looks up at Bellamy, who nods and turns away, giving me an unconvinced look. I nod in return.

"We'll get him to talk." I say. "But—"

I'm cut off by Finn turning and slamming the end of the gun against the Grounder's head again. "Where's Clarke?!"

"Finn!"

Bellamy and I rush forward and try to grab him, but Finn pushes away and turns the gun on us. "Back off!"

"Stop!" I shout again, putting myself in front of Bellamy, who tries his hardest to push me out of the way. If he wants to shoot me, he can go ahead, and he'll have to live with it too.