Chapter 9.

~*~

Sterling and Monroe agreed to help us, and my sleuthing earlier meant I confirmed that the area Bellamy was being kept in wasn't under constant guard.

"You two keep lookout." Finn tells them, then we rush into the room and straight over to Bellamy, who looks up at the sound of the door opening.

"Chris-"

"Bellamy." I crouch next to him and put my hands on his face. He's cut and bruised, but he's still handsome as ever. I give him a quick peck on the lips, much to his shock.

"Get up." Finn tells him, grabbing bolt cutters out of his pack to cut the chains used to tie Bellamy to the post in the room. "We're going after them."

"It's about time." Bellamy says as I help him to his feet.

"Hey-wait! What about me?"

The three of us turn to look at the other guy in the room. Murphy.

I scowl down at him, then look up at Bellamy. He gives me what I think is an apologetic look, before picking up the bolt cutters and stepping towards Murphy. Oh, shit.

"Wait, no!" Finn jumps forward and grabs Bellamy's arm. "What are you doing?"

Bellamy cuts Murphy loose. "He's coming with us."

"I'm sorry-what?" I ask. God, here I was thinking Bellamy was going to kill Murphy with the bolt cutters.

"No way." Finn adds.

"He's been to the Grounder prison camp." Bellamy says, grabbing Murphy and hauling him to his feet.

"He's right." Murphy says to us. "I can take you there."

Finn stares Murphy down whilst I give Bellamy a displeased look.

"Hey, Sterling just signalled." Monroe tells us from the doorway. "Someone's coming."

A heartbeat later and we all run out of the room, Bellamy keeping hold of Murphy as we do.

*

"Did they hurt you?" I whisper to Bellamy once we're out of the ship and heading towards the tree-line.

"No." He says. "Just questioned me. You?"

I shake my head. "Nothing yet."

"You think anyone saw us leave?" Bellamy asks.

I sigh, "I hope not."

"Sh," Finn hisses. "Keep it down."

We carry on walking towards the tree line, and keep looking back to ensure no one followed us.

We stop when a torch light shines on us, startling us all when a member of the guard steps forward.

If Abby sold us out...

The woman herself steps out of the shadows too. "You're late."

I exhale in relief.

"Bellamy decided to bring company." Finn inclines his head towards Murphy.

"He's the only person that's been in their camp." Bellamy says from behind me.

A beat goes by, but Abby steps forward and holds out a handgun to Finn, who takes it.

"Here." The guard passes his gun over to Bellamy. "Find my son. His name is Nathan Miller."

I look over at him and can see the resemblance they hold, and Bellamy nods at him. Miller is his friend—mine too—so we're going to do our best to bring him back.

I take another handgun off Abby, and she gives me a stern look. "Don't strain yourself."

"I won't." I tell her.

Abby looks between us all, determination in her eyes. "Bring them home."

"Will you be okay?" I look between her and Mr Miller. "If Kane finds out you helped us—"

"Don't worry about us." Abby says. "Just be careful out there."

I nod at her, look at the others, then let Finn lead the way into the woods.

Bellamy pushes Murphy forward and I follow behind him, Sterling bringing up the rear as we started our journey to God knows where.

~*~