Chapter 10.

~*~

We spend all night walking in the general direction of our old campsite, then Murphy can guide us in the direction he remembers coming from when he escaped the Grounder camp.

By sunrise, Bellamy had let go of his hold on Murphy's jacket and let him walk alone. His hands are still bound, so I'm not too worried about him doing anything. That, and all of us except him have a gun.

"All right, Murphy. Where to now?" Bellamy asks. He turns to Murphy, who holds up his cuffed hands.

"What'd you say we lose these first, huh?"

I roll my eyes, having lost count on the amount of times he's asked that.

"No. Again." Bellamy tells him.

Murphy stops in front of Bellamy. "If we get attacked out here, I have nothing to defend myself with."

"I don't care." Bellamy deadpans.

Finn walks over to the pair and my mouth gapes when he uses a knife to cut Murphy free of his cable-tied hands.

"Finn—what the hell?" I demand in shock.

Murphy scoffs, "Thank you," and gives Bellamy a smug look.

Bellamy and I swiftly follow after Finn, who merely strides off as if he hadn't just given a psycho the means to screw us over.

"Hey," Bellamy calls out to him. "What the hell are you doing?"

"It was your idea to bring him." Finn says.

"Yeah, 'cos he's the only one who's seen where the Grounders keep their prisoners." Bellamy counters.

"Then we probably shouldn't let him be defenceless out here."

"Probably not," I pitch in, "but that doesn't mean we should start trusting him either."

"We can handle Murphy."

"You better hope so." Bellamy calls after Finn as the two of us slow to a stop.

"So, do I get a gun now?" Murphy asks Bellamy, who pushes him forward with a hard shove.

Bellamy shakes his head and I watch as Monroe and Sterling walk past us.

"Keep an eye on him." I tell Monroe, who nods at me and raises her gun, trained on Murphy. I turn to Bellamy who glares at his retreating figure.

"You okay?" I ask gently.

He nods absentmindedly then looks down at me. "Yeah. You?"

I nod, and watch his expression soften. Bellamy let's go of his gun and swings it around so it's at his back, then pulls me in to him with a sigh, wrapping his arms around me.

I rest my cheek against his chest and close my eyes, feeling Bellamy rest his head on top of mine.

This is the only moment we've had alone together in...what feels like forever. Thinking back on it, it was probably when we kissed at the Drop-ship camp, which wasn't exactly us being alone.

"I was so worried about you." I breathe out. "When we had to leave the camp? I thought...I'm so glad you made it out before the rockets got fired."

"Me too." Bellamy tells me. "But I'm still mad at you for not going inside when I told you to."

I pull away from him and look up into his eyes. "I had to. Finn was going to get medicine for Raven, and I couldn't let him go alone."

"I know, and considering the situation we're in now, I'm glad you weren't in the Drop-ship." He pauses before saying quietly. "I would be going crazy right now if the Grounders took you too."

"That's the most romantic thing you've ever said to me." I grin and close the gap between us again, pressing against his body to hold him close.

"My mom's alive." I murmur against his chest. I feel Bellamy's body tense slightly, but his thumb gently strokes over a section on my back.

"Is that who you saw when we got to the Ark?" He asks gently.

"Yeah." I pause. "She...she was happy to see me."

Bellamy's thumb stops moving, and I lift my head back to look up at his face. "You deserve nothing less than that."

I scoff. "Are you forgetting I murdered my father? I hardly deserve the unconditional love of my unhinged mother. They had their faults, but he was still her husband."

He frowns, and I can tell I'm only creating more questions that burn in his mental 'Chris Carter, AKA: Trouble' folder.

"Let's not talk about my family drama though." I say quickly. "Not right now, at least. I can't even begin to think about it."

Bellamy smiles at me and tucks some loose hair behind my ear. I'd pulled it back into a braid before we left, but honestly it's probably a mess considering how rushed I was when doing it.

"How is Raven?" He asks, referring back to our earlier topic.

"Resting. She doesn't have any feeling in her left leg, but she's alive. She'll have to use crutches for the time being."

He nods. "Good. Well, not good, but—"

I chuckle, "I know."

Bellamy swallows thickly. "Earlier—last night...whatever. You...kissed me."

He asks as if it's a question, or whether he isn't entirely sure it did happen.

I smile slightly. "It was more like a peck, what with everyone being there, but...." I blush and step back from him. "Sorry, I shouldn't have done it—I was just really happy to see you."

Bellamy breathes out a slight laugh. "Christine Carter. You missed me so much that you couldn't help but throw yourself at me, huh?"

His voice saying my name is so hot I'm not even bothered by the fact that he used my full name, the name I hate.

I narrow my eyes at him. "I did not throw myself at you, Blake. I was just..." Bellamy's smile slowly turns into an amused smirk. "I was expressing emotion."

"Oh really?" He taunts, stepping closer to me. "Well, how's this for expressing emotion?"

Bellamy closes the gap between us, his arm snaking around my middle to pull me closer as his lips lock with mine. I all but sigh at the contact, melting into him and grabbing onto the sides of his jacket as we kiss deeper.

When we pull apart, he nudges his nose against mine, causing me to smile.

"We still haven't had that talk." Bellamy says quietly.

I smile at him. "Do we even need to? I mean...is it not obvious by now how we feel?"

He nods. "Yeah, I guess it is now."

I take a step away from him and incline my head. "Come on, let's find our friends...then we can have the 'what are we' talk."

"All right." His mouth curves up into a small smirk as we start to walk in the direction the others headed in. "But, out of curiosity...what are we?"

He chuckles as I bump my shoulder against him, shaking my head with a smile.

~*~