25

With adrenaline coursing through their veins and fear gripping their hearts, Zee and Nunew wasted no time. Without a second thought, they dashed towards their son's crib, their footsteps echoing in the silent nursery.

Nunew's pulse raced as he reached the crib first, scooping up their sleeping baby boy into his arms. "We need to get out of here," he urged, his voice urgent.

Zee nodded, his eyes scanning the room for any sign of the shadowy figure that had threatened their son. "We can't stay here," he agreed, his voice tinged with determination.

As they hurried towards the door, the air seemed to grow heavier, the shadows closing in around them like a suffocating blanket. But they refused to let fear consume them, their only thought to protect their son at all costs.

With a burst of speed, they burst through the door, their hearts pounding in their chests. Outside, the night air was cold and crisp, a welcome relief from the oppressive atmosphere of the nursery.

Without looking back, Zee and Nunew raced through the darkened corridors of their home, their son cradled safely in Nunew's arms. With each step, they could feel the weight of the shadows lifting, their resolve strengthened by their love for their son.

Finally, they reached the safety of the living room, where soft lamplight bathed the room in a warm glow. They collapsed onto the couch, their son nestled between them, his tiny chest rising and falling with each peaceful breath.

As they caught their breath, Zee and Nunew exchanged a silent look of relief. They had escaped the clutches of the shadows, their son safe in their arms once more. But they knew that their ordeal was far from over, and that they would need to remain vigilant against the darkness that lurked in the night.