24

In the dimly lit nursery, shadows danced along the walls, casting an eerie atmosphere as Zee and Nunew stood by their son's crib, their senses on edge.

Nunew's brow furrowed as he glanced around the room, a shiver running down his spine. "Do you hear that?" he whispered, his voice barely above a breath.

Zee strained to listen, his heart quickening with apprehension. "I don't hear anything," he replied, his voice tinged with concern. "What is it?"

Nunew's eyes darted nervously around the room. "It sounds like... whispers," he murmured, his voice trembling slightly.

Zee's grip tightened on Nunew's hand, a sense of unease settling over him. "Whispers? But who could be whispering?" he asked, his voice barely concealing his fear.

Before Nunew could respond, a chill swept through the room, causing the candles to flicker and dim. In the faint light, shadows seemed to coalesce, taking on sinister shapes that loomed ominously in the corners of the nursery.

Nunew's breath caught in his throat as he pointed towards the crib, his voice barely a whisper. "Look... over there."

Zee followed Nunew's gaze and felt his blood run cold. Hovering over their son's crib was a dark, shadowy figure, its form shifting and undulating like smoke.

With a surge of adrenaline, Zee stepped forward, his protective instincts kicking in. "Who are you?" he demanded, his voice steady but tinged with fear.

The figure remained silent, its presence casting a suffocating weight upon the room.

Nunew's heart pounded in his chest as he stepped closer to Zee, their hands clasped tightly together. "What do we do?" he whispered, his voice trembling with uncertainty.

But before Zee could respond, the figure dissolved into the darkness, leaving behind only the echoes of its haunting whispers, lingering in the air like a chilling reminder of the unseen forces that lurked in the night.