1

The sun hung low in the sky, casting long shadows across the narrow streets of Bangkok as Zee Pruk made his way through the bustling city. His heart raced with anticipation as he approached the towering gates of his late grandmother's estate, a majestic mansion nestled amidst the urban sprawl.

Taking a deep breath, Zee pushed open the wrought iron gates and stepped onto the overgrown path that led to the grand entrance. The mansion loomed before him, its once-grand facade now weathered and worn with age.

As he crossed the threshold, memories of his childhood flooded back to him. The echoing laughter of family gatherings, the scent of incense lingering in the air, the comforting embrace of his grandmother's love – all now mere echoes in the empty halls.

But amidst the dust and decay, Zee saw potential. He envisioned a future where the mansion would once again be a place of warmth and laughter, a sanctuary for those seeking solace from the chaos of the world.

Determined to breathe new life into the old estate, Zee reached for the keys that hung from his neck and unlocked the heavy wooden door. With a creak of protest, it swung open, revealing a dimly lit foyer adorned with faded tapestries and crumbling statues.

Stepping inside, Zee's gaze fell upon a portrait hanging above the grand staircase – the image of a young woman with piercing eyes and a melancholy smile. It was his grandmother, a woman of strength and grace who had raised him after his parents passed away.

But as Zee stared at the portrait, he sensed something unsettling in the air. A chill ran down his spine, and he shivered despite the warmth of the evening.

"Is everything alright, Zee?" came a voice from behind him.

Turning, Zee saw Nunew Chawarin standing in the doorway, concern etched upon his face. Nunew was Zee's oldest friend, a companion since childhood who shared his passion for architecture and design.

"I'm fine," Zee replied, forcing a smile. "Just taking it all in, you know?"

Nunew nodded, though his eyes betrayed a flicker of unease. He had always been sensitive to the supernatural, attuned to the whispers of the unseen world that lurked in the shadows.

Together, Zee and Nunew began to explore the mansion, their footsteps echoing through the empty halls as they surveyed the damage wrought by time and neglect. But amidst the decay, they saw the potential for something beautiful – a chance to honor the legacy of Zee's grandmother and create something new from the ashes of the past.

Little did they know, their journey would lead them down a path fraught with danger and mystery, where the spirits of the past would rise to reclaim what was rightfully theirs. And as they delved deeper into the secrets of the mansion, they would uncover a love story that spanned generations – a tale of passion and betrayal, of longing and loss, bound together by an ancient curse that refused to be forgotten.