Chapter 15

Parker's POV

Clutching onto Dennis's arm, we make our way to my car. Dennis's car was totaled. The pups are apprehensive, understandably, so I sit in the back while Dennis drives.

"It's okay, pups." I sit between them, holding them close to my sides. "We're going home." I kiss the tops of each of their heads, loving how they relax in my hold.

They're still slightly trembling, but thankfully, it's a short drive. We pull up to the house, and Dennis gently picks up Evie, while I grab Cameron. We walk inside and get the pups cleaned up and settled in one of the spare rooms, so they can sleep in the same bed. Plus, I wanted to keep their individual rooms a surprise. I had the contractors pull out all the stops in decorating each one to fit them.

Evie's room was blue, covered in clouds, unicorns, pegasus, and really anything ethereal. Cameron's room was more of a hunter green, with more natural aspects. Fake moss, mushrooms, trees, the works. I couldn't wait to see how they liked them.

But for tonight, I wanted them to be able to feel the warmth of each other, as they have been through so much. I just wanted them to be happy again.

"Daddy?" I hear a little voice call as I stand from the bed. I look down at Cameron staring up at me, with his sad chocolate eyes.

"Yes, Honey?" I reply, brushing his hair off his face.

"Can you and Daddy D sleep with us tonight?" He asks shyly.

I look across to Dennis, on the other side of Evie. He nods at me, so I look back at Cameron. "Of course, Honey." I kiss his forehead. "Daddy D and I are going to go get our jammies on, then we'll be right back. I promise. Okay?" He nods and I kiss his forehead again.

Dennis and I go to our room and change into sweats and a simple shirt each. "I love that they're calling us 'Daddy.'" I beam at him. "Of course, I wish they didn't have to go through so much, but I really love it."

He leans down and kisses me. "I love it too, Baby." He takes my hand and we go back to the guest room where the pups are sitting up in the bed, watching the door.

"Daddies! You came back!" They cry together.

"Of course we did, pups!" I chuckle and snuggle them close. "I promised we would, didn't I?"

They snuggle into me. "Yeah." I hear a quiet reply.

"Well, let's get settled in for bed time, okay?" I kiss their foreheads. They nod, and shuffle down in the bed.

Dennis crawls in on the other side, so we have the twins between us. I lace my fingers with his, as we each put an arm across them.

"Daddy?" I hear Cameron's soft voice.

"Yes, Honey?" I kiss his cheek. He mumbles something that I'm not sure I hear properly. "What, Baby?"

"I said... I love you and Daddy D." He says louder, but shuffles into my chest, embarrassed.

"Oh, Baby. We love you too." I try my best to keep my tears in.

"Daddy, why are you crying?" Evie's voice calls my attention.

"I'm just happy, Princess." I sniffle. "I'll tell you both someday soon. But for now, let's just go to sleep." I smile at them.

The pups yawn and fall asleep within minutes. I listen to their even breathing happily.

Park, you still awake? Dennis links me.

Yes. I answer simply.

Baby, you need to sleep. It's been a really long, emotional day. He says lovingly.