Chapter 8

Parker's POV

It's late when Dennis gets back. He's covered in cuts, bruises, and blood. He trudges straight for the shower.

"Den? Babe, what happened? You were gone all day." I try to keep my voice low enough so it doesn't cause further stress.

"Hey, Babe." He pokes his head out of the shower. "Can you give me a few minutes? I'll tell you everything, I promise. Right now though, I just want to get clean."

"Okay. I'll be in the living room." I walk to the couch and nervously chew on my thumb. What the hell could have happened today?

Luckily, it's not too long until Dennis comes out of the shower, his shoulders still hunched, but at least he's clean. He sits down with a deep sigh.

"Fuck." He breathes. "Come here, Baby." He pats his lap, and I crawl into it with no complaints. He wraps his arms around me and inhales my scent deeply. "Today was... a lot." He starts. "I'm slightly surprised that Ethan hasn't called you yet, but... He and his Mate, Taylor, had a couple of procedures done today, Afterwards, Shay and Taylor were kidnapped by your old Pack." He snarls and takes a moment to sniff my neck again. "We went and got them back, and burned that fucking 'Pack' to the ground. There were some who decided to join ours, and some who wanted to go to a new Pack." He held me close. "They can't hurt you ever again, Parker." He breathes, his lips dancing across my neck.

Before I realize it, tears are flowing down my cheeks. Dennis pulls back and gently wipes them away with his thumbs.

"It's okay, Baby." He croons, pulling me into him. "It's okay. I've got you." He holds me and rocks me while I sob.

"I don't even know why I'm crying, really." I sniff. "My dad was an asshole, I don't care if he survived or not. And my mom was likely not there, she's probably with her Mate's Pack." I sniff again, wiping my nose. "Fuck. Why am I crying?"

He strokes my cheek. "My guess is relief. Knowing that they can't get to you ever again. Anyone who supported that so-called 'Alpha' is dead." He combs his hand through my hair. "Honestly, I probably wiped out a good chunk of the Pack single-handedly." He chuckles humorlessly. "I was so fucking pissed. Those fuckers..." He takes a moment and sniffs my neck again, calming himself down. "They made you doubt yourself and feel like you had to hide yourself." He says sadly. "I'm so fucking grateful that Alpha Jenkins sent me to pick you up. I'm so fucking grateful." He repeats as he buries his face in my neck.

"M-me too." I whisper, clinging to him. I bury my hands in his hair. "I love you." I whisper to him.

"I love you too, Park. So goddamn much." He whispers back.

His hands become more needy, as do mine. His lips wander across my neck, and I throw my head back, giving him space to ravage my neck with his kisses and bites. He slips my shirt off, kissing down my neck. His movements and kisses become hungry, ravenous.

I hold his head as he bites and sucks on my neck, then bring his mouth to mine where he quickly dominates the kiss. I moan into his mouth, his tongue swirling around in mine.

His hands travel down my body, swiftly removing my pants and underwear. There's a gentle edge, but his movements speak to his hunger.

"Fuck, Baby." He moans. "You're so beautiful."

I blush, I can't help it. I love his compliments. I try to hide my face, but he catches my chin before I can.

"Look at my eyes." He says, making me look into his beautiful orbs. "You are gorgeous. Don't let anyone, not even yourself, convince you otherwise." He tells me, keeping intense eye contact. When I nod, he pulls me in for a rough kiss. His free hand slides down my back and his fingers tease my hole.