诚实的誓言:爱的重生

Amelia gazed at her reflection in the mirror and took a deep breath. This was her wedding day, yet doubt filled her heart. How could she go through with the ceremony without confessing the truth to Dominic? He needed to understand Derek and the threat he posed.

As Amelia donned her veil, her friends praised her beauty, but she couldn't shake the heaviness in her chest. When they were seated, she pulled Dominic aside. "There's something I need to tell you," she said, holding back tears.

Dominic grasped her hand with concern. "Whatever it is, we can face it together."

Amelia revealed everything—her kidnapping, Derek's threat, his escape. Dominic's face paled as he listened. After she finished, he pulled her into an embrace. "I'm sorry you had to go through this alone. But it's over now. Derek won't hurt you anymore."

"But the wedding—"

"This is what we both want. Let's not let Derek ruin everything," Dominic cradled her face. "I love you. Marry me today, and then we'll deal with Derek."

In his arms, Amelia found comfort, feeling relieved of her burden for the first time. No more lies—there was only truth and trust between them. In that moment, she knew Dominic was her choice, her future, her home.

"Yes," she said tearfully, "I will marry you."

Continuation of Chapter 13:

Taking a deep breath, Amelia held Dominic's hand once more. There's more, she said. The day I escaped, I overheard Derek planning to kill you at our wedding.

Dominic's face turned pale. "What?"

As Amelia recounted Derek's words, she fought back sobs. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just didn't want anything to ruin our joyous day."

Dominic remained silent for a long moment. When he spoke, anger and fear flashed in his eyes. That lunatic won't come near you or this wedding. We need to cancel the ceremony—it's not safe.

"No!" Amelia cried. "I won't let Derek scare me. We'll have extra security, and Detective Walker knows. I trust they'll catch him before he harms anyone."

Dominic cupped her face in his hands. "Your safety is what matters most. But I see your courage, and that makes me love you even more. All right, we'll proceed—but at the first sign of trouble, we leave. Derek won't ruin everything, I promise you."

Amelia held him tightly, feeling their bond grow stronger in the face of danger. Whatever happens, they would face it together.

Continuation of Chapter 13:

Amelia broke down in Dominic's embrace, sobbing. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"Hush, it's okay," Dominic reassured, though his voice was tense. "I understand why you kept quiet, to protect me. But no more secrets, okay? We face this as a team."

Amelia nodded with tears in her eyes. "I don't deserve your forgiveness."

Lifting her chin, Dominic met her gaze. "You've been through hell because of that man. But you're safe now. I just need time to process this betrayal." His voice grew hoarse on the last word. She saw the hurt and confusion beneath his comforting exterior, breaking her heart.

The wedding was meant to celebrate their love and future, yet Derek's shadow loomed over everything. Amelia was filled with self-loathing for causing Dominic pain. But she vowed to bring Derek to justice at any cost and prove her loyalty to the good man who stood by her. Continuation of Chapter 13:

Amelia hung her head, consumed by guilt and shame. When Dominic touched her chin, meeting her eyes with his, she flinched.

"I'm sorry for hurting you," she whispered.